Falling in love with your wife
Jun 6, 2016 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
I just read that in some parts of the world, due to family and social pressures, people are quickly getting married through match maker services or blind date set ups from friends.

As a result, there are many people who have a fiancé that they don't know and whom they recently met.

I think the good thing about it is when you finally marry this stranger, you have a new wife and you begin to fall in love with her as the marriage starts rather than falling in love before the marriage.

So you begin to fall in love with your wife and eventually you grow together into being soul mates.

Jun 6, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #2 of 26
Thats the plan, so how does one love another ?

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #3 of 26
I have no idea since I've never been married. I have heard about married couples who have nothing in common with each other but eventually over the years, they just grow in love.

I suppose it's like developing close bonds with prison cell mates or military guys developing close bonds with their fellow soldier.

When humans live together, they can develop that bond.

Especially for men. If you are that lonely guy who never got any women, in theory any decent girl is an amazing gift so there is that fresh enthusiasm to deepen the relationship.

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #5 of 26
What is Love?

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #7 of 26
Cry = anger

Jun 6, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

What is Love?

Don't Hertz me, don't Hertz me no more.

I just read that in some parts of the world, due to family and social pressures, people are quickly getting married through match maker services or blind date set ups from friends.

As a result, there are many people who have a fiancé that they don't know and whom they recently met.

I think the good thing about it is when you finally marry this stranger, you have a new wife and you begin to fall in love with her as the marriage starts rather than falling in love before the marriage.

So you begin to fall in love with your wife and eventually you grow together into being soul mates.

Well when I was a child I thought it would have been cool if on my 18th birthday my father will bring back from the desert two Parent Trap Lindsay Lohans, or that time he went to Taipei I joked about him meeting with Vicky Zhao's parents. Then we had nothing else to watch and ended up watching Joy Luck Club on HBO, and my Dad asked if I still wanted him to go to Taipei for the same reason. I said no, but he can take my savings to get me a PlayStation2 because local prices were insane back then.

What I've heard of before was how Brits at some point just disappear and they come back after their wedding in Pakistan, or they aren't seen again, presumably because  I can't really discuss that on Head-Fi because it's taboo here, but feel free to discuss similar stuff like Asgard, Valhalla, Gungnir, Mjolnir, and Chris Hemsworth.

Jun 6, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #9 of 26
Don't Hertz me, don't Hertz me no more.

Well when I was a child I thought it would have been cool if on my 18th birthday my father will bring back from the desert two Parent Trap Lindsay Lohans, or that time he went to Taipei I joked about him meeting with Vicky Zhao's parents. Then we had nothing else to watch and ended up watching Joy Luck Club on HBO, and my Dad asked if I still wanted him to go to Taipei for the same reason. I said no, but he can take my savings to get me a PlayStation2 because local prices were insane back then.

What I've heard of before was how Brits at some point just disappear and they come back after their wedding in Pakistan, or they aren't seen again, presumably because  I can't really discuss that on Head-Fi because it's taboo here, but feel free to discuss similar stuff like Asgard, Valhalla, Gungnir, Mjolnir, and Chris Hemsworth.
Nice old dance song. For most people love is "keep me happy".

Jun 7, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #10 of 26
I have no idea since I've never been married. I have heard about married couples who have nothing in common with each other but eventually over the years, they just grow in love.

I suppose it's like developing close bonds with prison cell mates or military guys developing close bonds with their fellow soldier.

When humans live together, they can develop that bond.

Especially for men. If you are that lonely guy who never got any women, in theory any decent girl is an amazing gift so there is that fresh enthusiasm to deepen the relationship.

So youve experienced a prison cell mate bond and war vet camaraderie?

Jun 7, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #11 of 26
I have not but I have heard that the bromance can be a deep relationship. In some ways it can be like high school buddies when the guys live for each other and become inseperable.

I went to an all boys high school and none of us had girlfriends. We weren't gay but we had a lot of bromances

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #12 of 26
So are you focusing on platonic love? You want to meet a woman and just live being around each other?

Jun 7, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #14 of 26
Well, they have a uterus. That really was the only impediment to the Brotastic Pederast societies of Athens and Thebes.
Tell that to any girl and she will never love you but they might have a use for you.

Jun 7, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #15 of 26
So are you focusing on platonic love? You want to meet a woman and just live being around each other?

I'm just trying to figure out human behavior. I'm trying to understand how men fall in love with strangers after they marry them. It's more of me learning about other people's minds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back