Fake V900HD vs Real HD-600
Oct 25, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because I'm smart. Thus, I buy good things.
?

This totally CONTRADICTS your actions!
frown.gif

Oct 25, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Alright, so I have a pair of HD-600 headphones. I also have a set of Creative G500 surround speakers.

I notice that whenever I switch to the headphones, mostly for listening to music or when precision matters, I have to take up the volume to 100% just to match what the speakers did at 30.

You clearly aren't using the equipment needed to properly run these headphones so don't be insulted when people ask you about your equipment.

Quote:

Because I'm smart. Thus, I buy good things.

Which is clearly not always the case...

Quote:

..."what's the cheapest?" as I always say.

Quote:

Oi, you people are useless.

Quote:

Ever been in a flame war?

Now Head-fi is generally a civil place where many people find audio equipment that suits their needs. I personally don't think your HD600 is achieving its full potential at this point, and if you want to ask the people here to VOLUNTEER their knowledge to HELP YOU enjoy your equipment more, I'm sure they will. On the other hand, flame wars are not allowed on Head-fi, and will get you nowhere.

Please, accept the information and help that is generously offered by members of this forum, but if you are unwilling to do so, please leave it to those people who will work to maintain the civility and usefulness of community that is Head-fi.

Oct 25, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #19 of 23
The xfi is a nice card to drive you gaming headphones.

But hd600 need a real amp, spend 20 secs on these forums and you'll find out the hd600 is hard to drive. having a hd600 without a decent amp is pointless and a waste of money.

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeewee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering, but are the MDR-V900HD's sound quality worth the cheap price?

I have an HD555 and an HD600, and I just bought 3. What do you think?

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberidd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You clearly aren't using the equipment needed to properly run these headphones so don't be insulted when people ask you about your equipment.

Which is clearly not always the case...

Now Head-fi is generally a civil place where many people find audio equipment that suits their needs. I personally don't think your HD600 is achieving its full potential at this point, and if you want to ask the people here to VOLUNTEER their knowledge to HELP YOU enjoy your equipment more, I'm sure they will. On the other hand, flame wars are not allowed on Head-fi, and will get you nowhere.

Please, accept the information and help that is generously offered by members of this forum, but if you are unwilling to do so, please leave it to those people who will work to maintain the civility and usefulness of community that is Head-fi.

I don't think that plugging a set of HD600 headphones to an X-Fi constitutes improper use.

With all due respect, I have gotten almost no help so far. I just need a cheap amp. NOT cheap headphones. I am smart = I know where to spend my money. You seem to think that spending 500$ on a fridge magnet makes you smart.

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

I don't think that plugging a set of HD600 headphones to an X-Fi constitutes improper use.

With all due respect, I have gotten almost no help so far. I just need a cheap amp. NOT cheap headphones. I am smart = I know where to spend my money. You seem to think that spending 500$ on a fridge magnet makes you smart.

Man, I just cannot imagine why in the world you have not been getting the help you want.

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I just cannot imagine why in the world you have not been getting the help you want.

Seconded.
And I can almost guarantee the X-Fi is not providing the HD600 enough power to even sound remotely close to its potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back