Fake Shure SE535?
Feb 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gamereric22

New Head-Fier
I want to buy myself a pair of Shure SE535's. I live in Canada and all of the Shure authorized online US retailers will not ship Shure products outside of the US. So i went searching for a Canadian online retailer, and i found this website http://www.headphoneshop.ca/en/shure-headphones/141-shure-se-535-headphones.html.

They seem promising with a 15 day money back guarantee and allow payments though Paypal, but I am afraid that they could be counterfeits. Any input would be appreciated.

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 8
I haven't heard of any fake Shures so I don't think that's the case. However I have also never heard of them so I'm not sure if they are an authorized Shure reseller which will be important in claiming warranty. I believe this store is an authorized reseller but they have a higher price than the one you found. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
I haven't heard of any fake Shures so I don't think that's the case. However I have also never heard of them so I'm not sure if they are an authorized Shure reseller which will be important in claiming warranty. I believe this store is an authorized reseller but they have a higher price than the one you found. 

Have you bought Shure products from the store you linked to? And if so were you able to claim a warranty?

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 8
I know of someone who purchased Shure products from the store. It is still working well though so no need to claim warranty. Charles (the owner) did tell me that he is an authorized reseller of Shure in Canada. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #6 of 8
Hello there.
I bought my Sennheiser HD 598 from www.headphoneshop.ca
I had the same questions about fake, authorized dealer etc... I contacted them and ask. It seems they are a young company based in Montreal they are authorized dealer on all brand they sell. I received my parcel quickly, well packed, no problem...

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 8
There is no hearings of a fake Shure SE535s or any balanced armature IEMs as of now. Balanced armatures are hard to replicate especially multiple driver ones. Therefore, it should be certain that the ones you bought are real. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back