Original9

Fake10

Original10

Fake11

Original11

Fake12

Original12

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #153 of 156
I just bought a pair of "" from the ebay store "WorldWideStereo". The shop looks like a big eBay store, they state that they are an Authorized Dealer, and their feedback is excellent.
Can I trust that I will get the authentic product? I'm asking because the price was quite cheap ($195 USD).
This is the link for my purchase: http://www.ebay.com/itm/391488795184?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=660661165791&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #154 of 156
I actually almost got a fake pair of momentums today and what i noticed with mine was that it did not really fit the case well as the earcups were really far apart and also that the zipper on the case is rough and hard to pull. Luckily the post from cinematik really helped and i got a full refund. The fun part is that the seller did not want to incur extra shipping cost so he left the hard case with me so... i guess i have that going for me

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #155 of 156
Hey everyone,

I know this has been a while since the last post, but I think its still relevant!

I just got some Mom V2 over ears, They look spot on.

Does anyone know if there is a fake version of the Mom Version 2s out yet???

Aug 25, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #156 of 156
Hey everyone,

I know this has been a while since the last post, but I think its still relevant!

I just got some Mom V2 over ears, They look spot on.

Does anyone know if there is a fake version of the Mom Version 2s out yet???

Yes, this is still very relevant.

I just picked up a "NOS" black pair on ebay (since they have been discontinued for years now), and low and behold they are fake. The only giveaways that they were fake were:

1. 30mm drivers
2. No hologram sticker on headphone cup (but there was a serial number sticker)
3. No sticker of authenticity on side of box

Other that that they were identical - correct headband, correct color and construction of cables, etc. Of course the sound was different, the leather headband and pads were not as soft and supple as the genuines, and the zipper on the case was pretty stiff and rough. But if I hadn't had a genuine one to compare it to, I would have never known. The fake was that good.

The reason I bought them was because the pads on my originals is worn out, and I after shopping around I found these "NOS" ones for only a few dollars more than what a set of genuine replacement pads cost. I didn't think twice about the price, because I see Momentums go for much lower prices than in the old days (because the original Momentum v1 were replaced by the Momentum 2, folding, wireless, etc). Not many people want the original over-ear Momentum v1 anymore.

The moral of the story? As the old saying goes - if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Oh well, live and learn.

Update: Luckily I got a full refund from the seller (including shipping). He didn't even want them returned - he said shipping wouldn't have been worth it. I might try a driver swap in them, but there's not a whole lot of room. I can see why they stuck 30mm drivers in the counterfeits.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back