Fake Sennheiser Momentums?
Apr 8, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #121 of 156
Amazon warehouse is known for circulation of fake/replica headphones so definitely avoid that. If you bought it from Amazon.com/.ca directly you should have nothing to worry about as they are an authorized reseller, not Amazon warehouse. 

I would always suggest to buy from an authorized retailer just for that peace of mind which is priceless imo :)

Apr 8, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #122 of 156
Some days ago I got my new pair, but the authenticity hologram on the box looks kinda washed out (despite the fact that the code matched the QR scan), which made me have my doubts. I followed the registration on Sennheiser's website, and though everything matched, I still have my doubts because of the box... I contacted Sennheiser about it bit have not received any response whatsoever. Was the hologram simply washed out during shipping, or was I actually ripped off? I bought them off directly from Amazon (no third party or marketplace seller), so there should be no problem with counterfeit fakes, but... I'm paranoid about it, specially with all the ¨Class A¨ imitations.

So, how good does it look? Well, take a look. Here's what the driver looks like:

The earcups and headband look AND FEEL pretty legit as well:

And this is how the hologram on the box looks, which makes me feel suspicious about its authenticity (notice how the big Y, while still distinguishable, looks washed out):

So, what do you think? Do they look legit? Or were I and Amazon ripped off?

Also of note, so far in this thread it seems that all the spotted fakes are from the black model. I'm yet to see a fake Ivory. I hope I'm just being paranoid.

You have an ID. There should be a possibility to check out the autenthicizy of your headphones on the sennheiser website.

Apr 8, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #123 of 156
Amazon warehouse is known for circulation of fake/replica headphones so definitely avoid that. If you bought it from Amazon.com/.ca directly you should have nothing to worry about as they are an authorized reseller, not Amazon warehouse. 

I would always suggest to buy from an authorized retailer just for that peace of mind which is priceless imo :)

It was from Amazon directly.

@RAFA already checked the ID online, it is legit. But from the washed out hologram my fear was that somebody reused the box and packaged a replica inside an old box, or duplicated a legit ID.

how do they sound?

The sound quality is really good though, but since this is my first real set of headphones, I had no reference to compare to, nor any knowledge in how a premium phone should sound. This ignorance is the cause for my fear.

Well, since most people agree that Amazon is an authorized dealer, I'll settle down and approve my cans as legit (unless/until further evidence comes up). Thank you all for your help.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #124 of 156
It was from Amazon directly.

@RAFA already checked the ID online, it is legit. But from the washed out hologram my fear was that somebody reused the box and packaged a replica inside an old box, or duplicated a legit ID.
The sound quality is really good though, but since this is my first real set of headphones, I had no reference to compare to, nor any knowledge in how a premium phone should sound. This ignorance is the cause for my fear.

Well, since most people agree that Amazon is an authorized dealer, I'll settle down and approve my cans as legit (unless/until further evidence comes up). Thank you all for your help.

What does the cable look like? If you have a photo of it, that is the obvious part where one can say it is legit.

Also a detailed photo of the lower end of the head band sheet metal. If it is very clean, as you would expect from a high quality product, then it is real.

I took my fake to a shop an compared them directly.

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #125 of 156
What does the cable look like? If you have a photo of it, that is the obvious part where one can say it is legit.

Also a detailed photo of the lower end of the head band sheet metal. If it is very clean, as you would expect from a high quality product, then it is real.

I took my fake to a shop an compared them directly.

Cable and headband end:

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #126 of 156
I'm no expert on the momentums but if someone can ind conclusive evidence that these are fakes I would be extremely weary of buying anything from amazon again.... I really don't think amazon would go to lengths to sell counterfeits though. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #127 of 156

Do you think people bought real ones from amazon and returned fake ones that end up at the Amazon Warehouse for sale?

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #128 of 156
  Do you think people bought real ones from amazon and returned fake ones that end up at the Amazon Warehouse for sale?

Could be possible. The onus should be on Amazon Warehouse to check and double check for authenticity. However, I don't think they care or have the capacity to go through each and every pair returned. That's why I always buy from an authorized reseller and Amazon Warehouse is not one of them.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #129 of 156
Alright. Since mine come directly from Amazon (or is Amazon Export Sales a separate entity, not an authorized dealer/reseller? The order confirmation still says "Sold by Amazon.com"), I think I'm settling down on believing their authenticity. I don't want to keep bothering you guys, you're really helpful, I appreciate all the help.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #130 of 156
Alright. Since mine come directly from Amazon (or is Amazon Export Sales a separate entity, not an authorized dealer/reseller? The order confirmation still says "Sold by Amazon.com"), I think I'm settling down on believing their authenticity. I don't want to keep bothering you guys, you're really helpful, I appreciate all the help.

Haha honestly bro, just sit down grab a cup of cappuccino and relax. You will forget about it in a couple of days. If they sound good to you then that's all that matters. I'm pretty confident you got authentic ones since you got them directly from Amazon.com.

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #132 of 156
Legit
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, looks as legit as can be.

Cheers,
K

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #133 of 156
I agree; those absolutely look like the real deal. As for the slightly faded hologram, mine looks the same way. Keep in mind, the original Momentums are discontinued, so although your set is brand new, it's not fresh out of the factory. It's been sitting on a shelf somewhere for a long time, maybe even years. You said cups and headband seem to be real leather? You're good. If they were fake leather, you'd likely know because they'd stink of plastic, a smell that wouldn't ever go away (you can use something like a fake leather office chair for comparison).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back