Fake Senheiser IE800?
Apr 27, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #271 of 454
Apr 27, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #272 of 454
You know what's amazing? They didn't have any better surface to take the picture on. The absolute best surface they had was a rugged and beaten up white cardboard plaque, I mean, even a scarf or a fabric portion or even a t-shirt might have been a better surface to place them on before taking the photo...
I feel sadder for the Buyer who does spend the $400 and does not catch the backward "S". lol:triportsad:

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #273 of 454
Hello everyone... I recently bought a pair & I still don't know whether they are fake or real as described by many in this thread )=
They do sound good for what they are, but considering some here were bought for less than $50 from other online marketplace, I may have overpaid by 5-6 times over ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since getting these, I've searched online to find out from others on how they feel about their own pair which ended up having me come here to find out that many of these are counterfeited versions sold elsewhere.
If not for some of you, I would have assumed that I now own a real pair of these German made earphones & not a Chinese copy even though they do look very similar to the real ones - minus a few little details here & there... obviously, the price paid is the big give away as reason for believing it is fake, right(?).
After reading through this thread & comparing all the photos, I started comparing the similarities to my own pair which are as follow::

>1st impression: No round sealing stickers on the outside box or any indication of them being peeled off
>2nd reaction: opening the box was hell as they were so jammed, it took a lot of effort not to break them open
>3rd surprise: the case front cover is crooked when closed & would not fold into place after straightening it out
>Cable is about 43-44" & when wrapped around the case, the Jack would overshoot the 3 side holes either way
>Ear TIPS resemble the fake ones on the outside... not sure about those outside Grilles though(?)
>Inside the ear tips where the teeth hold onto the earbuds can break off when taking off & putting back on
>Jack closeup showed the cable in 2 spots inside the black plastic piece not completely covered all around
>No gap/gold showing in the clasp when connected as 1pc... pretty much flush as they come... no clicking sound
>QR code when checked on through their system indicated of it being "checked often... &... suspicious"
>SOUND was quite good, but the highs or treble can be very sharp on many tracks I've listened to >normal??<
>Surely a few others... just can't recall them all right at this time of posting [<

If these are actually fake, they seem to be made quite well or closer to the real ones as it is kind of hard to really distinguish between all the different parts/pieces.
Anyways, I thought I'd just post a bunch of photos here for all to see & help determine whether I got a Fake or the Real deal... cheers & thanks for sharing :beerchug:

33712950173_b16dae386e_m.jpg

34523503625_232b744b8c_m.jpg
33712952703_75cd677b03_m.jpg

... . . . . . .

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #281 of 454
They are scarily close to the originals actually. I''m impressed, bothered and worried.

I want a pair just to test the sound differences between the fakes and the originals (My originals have been exchanged by Senn directly once so they're straight from Senn factory).

I wonder how can I get my paws on a pair of he fakes to help point out the differences in sound...

May 8, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #282 of 454
AFAIK the real IE800 have a serial # (typically app. 35.000 to 45.000) on the metal plate inside the leather case.

Yours doesn't have that.

May 8, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #285 of 454
@JDominic, thank you for the pictures. They are excellent in quality. To be honest, though, I think you have already figured out that you have bought counterfeit IE800s. I have studied your excellent pictures and compared them with those on posts #29, 111, 201 and 218 (among others) and there are several "tell-tale" signs that yours are counterfeit. The poor finishing on the plastic/rubber pieces, the uneven appearing grills, the absence of the "gold ring" when the cables are connected, just to name a few. The one feature on yours that is not in others' pictures is the metal band that bears the "S" logo on the L plug. My impression was that the "S" logo was on the upper and lower surfaces of the plug, but your "S" logo is on the sides. In my opinion, you should return these for a refund from the dealer. I would also report the vendor for selling counterfeit merchandise....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back