Fake Senheiser IE800?
Oct 21, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #226 of 454
Hi! Congratulations, looks like you have gotten the real deal and all your description matches mine. I have 2 genuine pairs both purchased from Sennheiser Singapore. You are very sharp to notice this:

1. when the Y connector is plugged in, there is a small gap between the plastic and the gold metal connector inside can be seen (on some fakes there is no gap or less gap to see the gold metal connector i think). "Yes, you are right. There are no gap on the fake ones."

Many owners do not realize this very minor detail of the genuine product. Both pairs of mine have this tiny gap showing the Gold connector. I encourage the owners here to check and verify this very intricately intended design. 

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #228 of 454
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-IE-800-In-Ear-Headphones-/272390681077?hash=item3f6bbff1f5:g:Lg8AAOSwNRdX-76H

real or fake ?

Fake.

All the pictures aren't of the same unit. Some of the pictures show the wrong leather, wrong logo placement, and terrible stitching of the fake case.

Why do you think you're getting such a supreme discount? Shouldn't the price alone set off an alarm?

Dec 29, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #229 of 454
Hi guys,

Any comments on these?

http://www.olx.ph/item/sennheiser-ie800-in-ear-earphones-ID7J2vT.html
https://tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=40759409

It's second hand $260-$300 price may get lower. Currently haggling.

Many thanks for the replis and the community

Jan 20, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #231 of 454
how about on this one guys? they sell it fairly cheap. only $519.. i couldnt tell though if they sell genuine or not.. can anyone vouch this seller?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Sennheiser-IE-800-Audiophile-Ear-Canal-Headphones-Black-Sealed-NIB-/122200165086?hash=item1c73b28ade:g:Ha4AAOSwx2dYEhfu

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #232 of 454
Jan 27, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #235 of 454
Has anyone compaired the listening experience? I owned a pair of fakes and ( before they were destroyed in the wash) some of the best ive heard. mind you, ive never owned the real thing. just wondering
Yes. The fakes had GIANT bass, like unbelievable, about nothing from 300Hz to 5kHz, and then laptop speaker treble response. They were more sensitive than the real ones too.

There's no way the sound could be mistaken for the real thing. The resolution wasn't there. That is, unless you equate bass quantity with overall quality. In that case, holy smokes.

I am also very curious to know what you owned previously as well.

Jan 28, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #236 of 454
Yes. The fakes had GIANT bass, like unbelievable, about nothing from 300Hz to 5kHz, and then laptop speaker treble response. They were more sensitive than the real ones too.

There's no way the sound could be mistaken for the real thing. The resolution wasn't there. That is, unless you equate bass quantity with overall quality. In that case, holy smokes.

I am also very curious to know what you owned previously as well.

"The fakes" is a generalization pretty much invalidating your assessment.

I personally (involuntarily) got 2 versions of fakes: one with lousy sound, and one with nearly divine sound quality.

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #237 of 454
"The fakes" is a generalization pretty much invalidating your assessment.

I personally (involuntarily) got 2 versions of fakes: one with lousy sound, and one with nearly divine sound quality.
"The fakes" refer to the set I heard side by side with the real one.

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #238 of 454
"The fakes" refer to the set I heard side by side with the real one.

Yes, that's a reasonable conclusion: the set which you heard had the characteristics you described.

Other people have heard other fakes showing other characteristics.

And if someone describes a dollar note fake as poor and easy to recognize, that doesn't mean all dollar note fakes are poor and easy to recognize...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back