Fake Senheiser IE800?
May 10, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #181 of 454
Am aware that these IE800 copies fall short of the real thing but would like to know has anyone purchased any DIY IE800 that actually sounds very good or reasonably close to the real thing? If so which one?

“Sounding very good” is all relative if you spend enough time on these forums and I don’t believe we’re promoting where to buy the best “copies”, to be sure to get the closet sounding to the real thing is to buy the real McCoy.
Although there is a thread comparing Chine diy headphones.
I know it doesn’t answer your query and not to sound too factitious but the best performing one for me is always the one that wants me to listen to more music.
redface.gif

biggrin.gif

May 18, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #187 of 454
Both Fake. Right? Lol

May 18, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #188 of 454
so i just received the fake 40$
It verifies as an authentic in the sennheiser authentication page but says its been checked quite often

Here are some photos

May 18, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #189 of 454
as you can see the finish on the product is not that clean, lots of plastics sticking out on the connectors.
The leather case/wire smelled really plasticy (synthetic leather smell)

The foam casing inside the leather case was not proportional, slightly tilted but the stitching was aligned very well though. 

The casing and build of the earphone is okay and feels solid, the wire feels a little flimsy though
The length is actually not 1.2M its porbably just 1 meter (compared side by side with a 1.2M IEM)

The fit was okay, but my ears are weird so the left one kept falling off. So I used the Vmoda sports flex thingy as you can see in the photos, and now they're secured very well.

As for sound they sound really good, compared to VModa Zn, Beats tour V2, Shure 535, SOny MDR XB50 
These have more clarity, detail and soundstage. (Not kidding)
The ZN and Tour V2 sound very muddy compared to these. (I loved my ZN, i actually sold my original ie80's and kept the ZN as my main IEM for commuting) 
The Shure 535 and Sony MDR XB50 is just a tad bit lacking in detail compared to it, they lose really big to soundstage though.

Unfortunately I don't have any other High end IEMS to compare it with but I do have some good HP though.
I have an authentic IE800 on the way though and will post on this thread a comparison once I get it :)

These IEM's sound very similar to the Beyerdynamic DT880 600Ohm
Soundstage is about the same , bass is punchy and tight but not that overwhelming to the point that it drowns the mids/highs.

I don't know guys, these sound really good especially for 40$ 
I'm not encouraging fakes or anything, or maybe I just have bad ears, but these sound really solid. Now I can't wait to hear an authentic one.

May 18, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #191 of 454
................. I don't know guys, these sound really good especially for 40$ 
I'm not encouraging fakes or anything, or maybe I just have bad ears, but these sound really solid. Now I can't wait to hear an authentic one.

Thanks for your input Neil...the finish on yours as you say is not great so they'll never pass as authentic....I'm finding the sound of my copies are also very good...I don't have a pair of authentic IE800s on the way to compare
redface.gif
but..... a pair of HD800Ss....
biggrin.gif
..hopefully sooner than later.

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #193 of 454
Ok here’s an odd request from those who have owned both real and copies.

Just noticed Amazon have a few opened box IE800s for a decent price.
Here’s the thing…. I’ve been very satisfied with my “from China” pair, very good soundstage, no sibilance and wonder deep, taut base and I use them everyday, I did compare them awhile back to my dealers pair, they sounded very similar but I did not listen long enough to make a definitive assessment, so… for those who have owned a good sounding copy and the originals.. is it worth getting an actual authorized pair if I’m just playing mpeg files off an iPod Nano.

Guess I could buy them and if the difference is not big enough return them (hate doing that) or maybe I discover that I actually prefer made in China over Germany…
confused.gif

Jun 23, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #194 of 454
  Ok here’s an odd request from those who have owned both real and copies.

Just noticed Amazon have a few opened box IE800s for a decent price.
Here’s the thing…. I’ve been very satisfied with my “from China” pair, very good soundstage, no sibilance and wonder deep, taut base and I use them everyday, I did compare them awhile back to my dealers pair, they sounded very similar but I did not listen long enough to make a definitive assessment, so… for those who have owned a good sounding copy and the originals.. is it worth getting an actual authorized pair if I’m just playing mpeg files off an iPod Nano.

Guess I could buy them and if the difference is not big enough return them (hate doing that) or maybe I discover that I actually prefer made in China over Germany…
confused.gif

I don't see any request, lol?

Yeah, it's worth it. The small improvements are what we pay for, the finer things in life. 

What is the difference between 4$ bottle of vodka and 40$ bottle of vodka? The fine aroma and tendencies in taste. General taste, alchool content, even look of bottle can be similar. But the more expensive one, if one knows what to drink, will always have a better defined aroma, will not be alchool, but a smooth spirit with taste. (Haven't touched a drink in over 2 years). 

Those very fine nuances are worth paying for. They are exactly what we want, and what we need. This is because a cheaper product can already do a lot, but giving those little nuances, exposing every detail better, etc. is worth it. 

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #195 of 454

I don't see any request, lol?

What is the difference between 4$ bottle of vodka and 40$ bottle of vodka?

What if one's already consumed 3 bottles of the good stuff...the 4th $4 bottle might taste just fine. .
confused_face.gif
....lol..

But I do understand what you mean...I might just go for it..my portable HD800S'....
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back