Fake Raising Sand and Cafe Del Mar vol14 CD ?
Jun 25, 2008 at 7:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

wrecked_porsche

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys, anyone of you have Cafe Del Mar Vol 14 and Robert Plant's Raising Sand? Could you please post a pic of it including the internals etc. I bought these two on ebay (first time, bad move, I should have known better.
frown.gif
) and I think I got fakes. So can someone post some pics please? Pics of the actual CD and the booklets and all that would be great.

redface.gif

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you soooo much guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #7 of 16
OK, here are pics of mine, please have a look and let me know what you guys think?
Don't mind the slight damage to the jewel case, it arrived that way and was damaged during shipping, I'm slightly annoyed at that, but I don't really care because its not the end of the world.

I'm more concerned about the CDs themselves. Are they original?

46851886le0.png

68644645nj3.png

46435046ox3.png

34967749go8.png

55941319gm8.png

32289146xv8.png

37084564ui3.png

32690701si3.png

[size=medium]
THANKS a lot guys, I really appreciate the help! [/size]
cool.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #8 of 16
Yeah, that's pretty clearly fake. I've never seen Raising Sand in a jewel case (always a Digipak), and I work in a large record store. That's also not the cover of the album.

What's the matrix number on the CD?

Jun 26, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's also not the cover of the album.

Yeah, that's the thing that made me suspicious...

Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the matrix number on the CD?

116 619 0752 01@

Here is a pic:

9mim0.png

ASR also pointed out a typo to me on in the lyrics...
frown.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #10 of 16
I give the counterfeiters a B+ for effort. You can tell they tried but they clearly didn't notice the details.
tongue.gif

ak_rs_4.jpg

ak_rs_5.jpg

And a pic of the disc itself. I think this says it all, sic the FBI on whoever you bought from!

ak_rs_6.jpg

Jun 26, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #11 of 16
Track #4, #11 and #12 has typos on my CD back comparing to yours ASR... Refer to my pics I posted:

On mine:

Track #4 Tolly Come Home

Track #11 Nothin' (he forgot that)

Track #12 Let Your Loss be Your Lesson (the b is not caps on mine)

Also not forgetting the typo in the lyrics you pointed out to me... Crap. This sucks. I guess its safe to say my Cafe Del Mar is a fake too.
frown.gif

Is the Matrix number easy to forge? Because it seems he got it right?

Jun 26, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #13 of 16
OK, before I go and do something stupid, I want to ask you guys, how should I go about and handle this? What to do now?

Just FYI, I sent an email to the seller 24hrs ago about my damaged CDs cases and have got no reply yet. Bear in mind that that was before I discovered they were fakes. I just received these yesterday. In my email to him, I said that I did not open them yet, but as of right now, they have been opened. I suspected they were fakes so I opened it and posted pics in this thread. Well, that was a good thing, because thanks to you guys, I'm now quite sure they are fakes. Here is the email that I sent to him yesterday:

Hi XXXX,

The two CDs came today, however they are quite damaged. They were left in my mailbox. I have not opened the plastic wrap yet to check the CD's actual condition, since I'd much rather hear from you first about the course of action to be taken before I attempt to open them up.

Raising Sands - the damage is on the bottom right side of the case. The plastic is sealed with minor tear in the damaged area.

Cafe Del Mar - Damage is along the front right side and a little on the bottom right side. Plastic is torn on the right side due to damage (I suspect its due to pressure being applied on top of the CD case).

I have included pictures with this email. Please have a look and let me know the next course of action to be taken or available options, thanks.

As a side note, I'd like to verify from you, that these are original CDs yeah? Thanks for your time and response.

I had paid insurance for these CDs, so I just wanted to know what could be done. I was even willing to let it slide if there were no damage to the CDs... Not anymore. Now I'm pissed.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 9:09 AM Post #15 of 16
But then I won't get my money back. I was thinking about sending a short email like this, then once I get my money back, I report him. Double whammy for him.

I have done extensive research and I have come to find out that both the CDs that you have sold me are fakes. Please do NOT even try to argue with me, you KNOW for a fact that they are FAKES. I have proof, and I’m not going to point it out to you because you’ll improve on them and cheat other people. I expect a full refund within 24 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back