Fake or real Sky XLR cable?
Aug 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dadab12

100+ Head-Fier
Aug 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 7
not a good idea buying cables from places such as dhgate or ebay, imo. a lot of stuff sold on ebay probably come from dhgate anyway. better buy from authorised retailers only.

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #3 of 7
Still, if someone has a somewhat positive experience or used one of the cables that are being sold on dhgate that would be extremely helpful.
not to mention it has an extremely high resell value :) if it's not fake ofcouse.

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #4 of 7
yeah that'd be helpful. good luck finding one though. the guy has one (1) positive feedback as a seller. 

I read somewhere that people buy goods from dhgate (and other similar sites), and resell it on ebay for a profit. 

not good.too much counterfeit stuff around.

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #6 of 7
I have no Idea why it did that, it's just a website and it's all good, I opened it in bunch of different computers over the house.
anyways.
it's on that site aswell http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=xlr%2Bcable&CatId=0&manual=y&page=4
it's all over the place, but if it fake, and I think it is, I've read that the fake ones sound really good aswell and it was really hard to distinguish which cables was the fake one.

Aug 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #7 of 7
There is a 0% chance that that is real.  You can only get cables like these from authorized dealers of Audioquest products, and dealer profit is a maximum of 40-50% on cables like these, so if you see a $3000 interconnect for $200, there is no chance that it is real.  It could have just about any wire inside. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back