Fake Monster Turbine Sound Quality
Jan 1, 2011 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Xymordos

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone here have fake turbines? I got some for $23 yesterday, everything (yes box, tips and stuff) were fake, but They sounded pretty good. Deep bass (much deeper than Tours IMO) and warm sound. Nothing like a fake China earphone at all! They sound a bit like the CX300IIs, but with more detail. Highs are not as harsh as the Tours but prominent.

Can anyone describe their sound quality? (Real AND fake)

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
Does anyone here have fake turbines? I got some for $23 yesterday, everything (yes box, tips and stuff) were fake, but They sounded pretty good. Deep bass (much deeper than Tours IMO) and warm sound. Nothing like a fake China earphone at all! They sound a bit like the CX300IIs, but with more detail. Highs are not as harsh as the Tours but prominent.

Can anyone describe their sound quality? (Real AND fake)

sounds like a turbine to me...

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 5
Oh the wires...one is very slightly (less than 1cm) longer than the other. The guy who sold them to me insisted they're China factory rejects and not fakes.

I heard fake tours in Beijing and they sounded garbage. Like a clump of stuff with no separation. The "Bass" is hard hitting but its only mid-high bass. These Turbines were got in Hong Kong, and their bass hits lower than Tours and have, IMO, more quantity.

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Oh the wires...one is very slightly (less than 1cm) longer than the other. The guy who sold them to me insisted they're China factory rejects and not fakes.

I heard fake tours in Beijing and they sounded garbage. Like a clump of stuff with no separation. The "Bass" is hard hitting but its only mid-high bass. These Turbines were got in Hong Kong, and their bass hits lower than Tours and have, IMO, more quantity, but less overwhelming.

personally, i would have payed $20 more for a pair of refurbs from monster

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 5
Sigh...I'm not of age to pay online.

Edit: Okay, their bass is LOTS. But very low and hard. XB700 with lower detail and more bass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back