fake Miaomi 2 piston?
Oct 8, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 8
Based on the price you bought it for, it could be fake. Aren't these usually around $20-30 and also, what does the "f" in the title description mean fake? I would have bought it from a top-rated seller next time. I never had the xiaomi so i could be totally wrong. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #3 of 8
Based on the price alone it's extremely likely your Pistons are fake. They should've been around $28 au. I bought a pair recently from a seller on Amazon (hightechearphone) for $25 us guaranteed authentic with a one year warranty. I'm blown away by the quality and sound of these inexpensive IEMs. The cables, materials, and sound quality rival IEMs that cost hundreds more. If yours feels cheap then something's definitely wrong.

Oct 8, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #5 of 8
Unfortunately, it does seem that one of the two options is possible.

1) You got a refurbished pair that has been through hell and high water.
2) You've landed yourself a fake.  

The fastest way to tell is the SQ.  If the SQ isn't there (meaning the hardware is fake), then the second option is true.  If it's just physical, then it is probably a very poorly refurbished set.

Best of luck man!  
triportsad.gif

Regards,
Thatonenoob

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 8
The real one came with a metal thing in the box ? I didn't get anything like that. 

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/twister6/media/twister6111/xiaomi_pistons_2-09_zps5a60c069.jpg.html

Yes, you should've gotten a metal shirt clip in between the rows of tips as shown in this picture I got off the 'net. Mine did.

Nov 8, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #8 of 8
Based on the price you bought it for, it could be fake. Aren't these usually around $20-30 and also, what does the "f" in the title description mean fake? I would have bought it from a top-rated seller next time. I never had the xiaomi so i could be totally wrong. 

Lol @ f means fake. Unfortunately, that could be the case. The seller probably did that to defend himself if anyone requested a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back