Fake JVC FX500 is here, photos inside.
May 15, 2010 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

david1978jp

500+ Head-Fier
I don't have one with me. A friend saw them in person and sent me a link. There are two versions, one comes with beautiful box, looks like the official JVC product; the other so-called OEM version comes with earphones and pouch. As to their quality, CX300 sounds better and so much cheaper. In China, the street price for fake ones are $10 - $40, so you know it's fake. You do, however, need to be very careful when buying from ebay or unknown retailers - the real FX500 usually sells for $150 - $200;  the fake one might be priced at $80 - $120, which gives you the illusion that you are getting a decent discount for a real one. Most of fake sellers use stock photo (or, photos of real products), it's wasting your energy to look at them and try to figure out; beside, the fake boxes usually look very professionally done, it's difficult to tell.

Here are some photos, hopefully you can tell the difference.

(In this photo, the upper is fake.)

May 30, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #3 of 31
Damn.  It appears they made it on eBay.  I asked the seller if they come with the standard JVC hard case and the response was "No".  The $50 price should be a give away.  Anyways, here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280513731419&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Jun 4, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #6 of 31
@iponderous

If you look closely, one is more shoddily made.  The wood, in particular isnt smooth at all and the plastic nozzle doesnt really seem to be attached as well.

Jun 5, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #9 of 31

Quote:
@alphaphoenix: i got one because he said it was made in japan. are you sure its fake?

I don't know for sure.  The box says, "Made in Japan", but if you see "China" on the cable cinch like in the photo above, I bet it is.  Typically fakes are missing standard accessories.  I see no reason why a non-fake would be missing the JVC hard case, which in the case of the auction, the seller claimed it was missing.  This is very similar outcome to other fakes such as the infamous Sennheiser IE7/IE8 fakes missing key accessories.

But who knows, I'm interested in your impressions and observations once you receive it.  If it is real, you got one heck of a deal.  I would prefer to buy from an eBay seller from Japan, granted that isn't fool proof either. 

Jun 5, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #10 of 31
Since when the FX series are made in China? I thought they are only made in Japan...

Look at the stress relief and the metal plate on the back of the wooden housing, they are not even. Seems like the wooden FX series will be quite hard to imitate, with its intricate wooden housing and driver.

Jun 5, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #12 of 31
koonhua90, I see you have or owned the FX700.  I love them when I had them and regret selling them - sniff, sniff.
frown.gif
  Definitely a huge step over the FX500 IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back