FAKE COLORFLY CK4 ??
Oct 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #16 of 26
The notion that the Ebay seller has it out for the euro dist. and is selling into the euro market just to damage him is silly. The Ebay seller if just trying to make a buck. The ethics of how is in question but I highly doubt there is a personal vindictive motive involved Unless there is much more to the story like getting stuck with ordered units etc.

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #17 of 26
I have the CK4. It rattles, perhaps the battery ?? The seller on eBay says they all do that so don't worry ?? Yeah right !!  Sounds O.K. so far but no time yet for proper comparisons although it does not perform like the C4 into my Beyers. Thing to bear in mind is the price difference I guess, an unfair contest? We'll see. Where are you based ?

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #18 of 26
"The notion that the Ebay seller has it out for the euro dist. and is selling into the euro market just to damage him is silly. The Ebay seller if just trying to make a buck. The ethics of how is in question but I highly doubt there is a personal vindictive motive involved Unless there is much more to the story like getting stuck with ordered units etc"

THERE IS. Evading taxes is one. Encouraging the evasion of import duty is another (the buyer is also breaking the law here). And there is more. Enough said.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #19 of 26

Quote:
THERE IS. Evading taxes is one. Encouraging the evasion of import duty is another (the buyer is also breaking the law here). And there is more. Enough said.

You don't happen to be an EU law maker or enforcer, ain't you? I don't know why you are so upset on grey market goods. Let the custom official worry about tax. Also, taxes are the responsibility of the buyer, not the seller.

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #20 of 26

Quote:
You don't happen to be an EU law maker or enforcer, ain't you? I don't know why you are so upset on grey market goods. Let the custom official worry about tax. Also, taxes are the responsibility of the buyer, not the seller.

Very short sighted of you I think. I've had customs on my back more than once, the last time was only about two months ago when I purchased a valve pre/power amp from China marked as low value at just £25 !!! Caused me a lot of grief. I have seen several small business men go bust over the years due to grey imports, especially in the vehicle security market. I don't object to paying tax (VAT), 19% from Germany, 20% in the U.K. but 0% from China does no one a favour in the long term. Perhaps I should become more selfish. Let us just agree to differ over this but you could always do some research on grey imports and the effect this can have on commerce.

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #21 of 26

Quote:
Very short sighted of you I think. ...

Wait, you bought cheap stuff from China many times before (which didn't declare in full value and get busted recently), so now it is not alright for other people to do what you have done? Right, that REALLY makes a lot of sense (no, it is not).

Oct 6, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #22 of 26
ok, but what i want to know is IS HE SELLING GENUINE CK4s? that's the only thing I'm concerned with. PERIOD. I dont care about tax evasion, or any of that or trying to stiff colorfly. its colorflys fault for making it so damn hard to by these things. If they offered it on their website there wouldn't be a problem.

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #23 of 26
O.K. You got me there. Yes I have bought from China before without thinking about the consequences. No excuses. Perhaps now I'm a little wiser. Also, I'm guilty of buying the CK4 from eBay and have learn't another lesson. The CK4 has a 'fault', the seller is not interested and Colorful offer no support as it was a grey import. Perhaps, as has been said here, it would be good if they offered it for sale themselves. They don't and the only place I could find one was China through eBay. I now regret the purchase but it is at least the real thing. It's good value at the price I paid but not a player for me or anyone whos' main interest is in highest quality music reproduction. My curiosity got the better of me and we all know that was what killed the cat. I have good reason to believe the price in europe, if and when it comes, will be pitched arround $299. although this may be for a 16gig version. Please don't quote me on this.

Points taken from both ALBASTINE and ClieOS.

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #24 of 26
'They all do that' isn't a lack of service if they actually all do that. You have a personal vendetta against the Ebay seller and the Ebay seller has none against the Euro importer. That said, I think everyone should by local if possible at a similar price but to attribute malice intent to the Ebay seller is just silly.

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #25 of 26
'"They all do that' isn't a lack of service if they actually all do that". I'm told by Colorful that it does appear to have a fault, it should not rattle. Also, the seller has said it is an upgraded version of the C4 and better. It is not. I don't honestly know what to believe anymore but I do believe one thing - Colorful have said that this is an attempt to undermine sales of the C4 in europe and also the CK4 when it becomes officially available. This is between the eBay seller and Colorful. 
As I have said before, more control is what is needed. I suppose I can't really blame the guy on eBay, we all need to make a living. Let's just call it a day now, I have learnt a lesson and I have both players now and in the end I can live with the fault, it still works O.K. and actually I do like the way it looks.
Oh, on reflection I'll admit that having paid considerably more for my C4 I felt a little upset to see a much cheaper version, it kind of devalued the C4. Now I know the two players are so different and can't be compared I no longer feel that way and this thread should now be closed.

Jun 18, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #26 of 26
So this seller is NOT selling fakes? I hope not, because I just ordered from this seller on eBay because they had a high seller rating before I found this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back