Fake / broken ADDIEM?
Sep 21, 2009 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thekid22

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, i need some advise,
I've recently purchased 2 pairs of ADDIEM from ebay from reputable sellers with good feedback (including 7Dime), but it seems both have the same problem.

though apple says that the remote feature skip/reverse function by doubletapping the remote buttons, each pair won't do it. instead it just raises and lowers the volume 2x. I have tried this on an Ipod nano 4g and an Iphone 3gs, and have not been able to use forward reverse either time.

Apple says it should work with both: Apple - iPod - In-Ear Headphones

Also, I noticed that immediately below the "Y" joint in the cord, the word "China" is printed (that seems rather un-apple)...

Can anyone confirm that your apple in ear headphone remote works for skip / reverse? Is there a trick? Also, please let me know whether yours were purchased on ebay or new from an authorized retailer.

thanks!

Sep 21, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 6
The China print is normal, mine has them too.

And for the skip and reverse, make sure you're doubletapping it quickly for it to process. And make sure to be tapping right in the middle. I've had it go up and down in volume if it's not dead center I'm hitting.

Sep 21, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 6
Same here (as above). When I had the Touch, that is. No counterfeits from 7Dime, all OEM (4 pair so far, for me and others). I'd say it may be pilot error. Hope so, because seems odd both pair would have the same issue. Again, none of the 8 pair I have owned (got a few from another ebay seller), tested and then either sold or given away has had a problem out of the box, er, case.

Sep 22, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 6
Oops, seems that it was user error, (double clicking the + and - instead of double and triple clicking the center button) now wonder these come with 15 pages of directions if you buy them new.

thanks for the input

Sep 6, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 6
I recently bought a pair from an Apple store and "China" is not printed anywhere on the headphones. They might be fake

Sep 6, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #6 of 6
Your findings are three years after the last post in this thread. It's possible things have changed now. I don't think it's helpful to resurrect such old threads.

Quote:
I recently bought a pair from an Apple store and "China" is not printed anywhere on the headphones. They might be fake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back