Fake beats by Dre?
Nov 14, 2010 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Icanstoptime

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm thinking of picking up some beats by dr dre and I found this bargain on eBay and I have a feeling I shouldn't trust it because I have heard of fake beats by dre and I've seen the pictures of the boxes and this one looks legit, I am however still cautious due to it only being £25 and I would like someone with more knowledge on the subject to take a look at the auction and see if they are legit or not.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Monster-Beats-Tour-Headphones-by-Dr-Dre_W0QQitemZ250725409194QQcategoryZ3274QQvarZQQcmdZViewItem

Many thanks in advance,
Tom

Nov 14, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Whether they are or not, I'm not sure that is a Monster certified seller, and as such, You may not get much of a Warranty service if they break (which most big brand items seem to do these days.)

Nov 14, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 5
25 pounds sounds like if it is completely out of the standard price range for Beats Tour. There is really no way to check the product out till it arrives, since the seller can always just post pictures of the real one.

In my opinion though, I'd be wary just because the price is so low. However, you can always take the risk and then attempt to return the product if you want to bite the bullet.

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I was under the impression beats by dre aren't that good amongst audiophiles.

Just extremely overpriced. You could almost always get a far better earphone/headphone for the same price. The only exception is probably the Monster Turbine Pro Copper or the Monster Turbine Miles Davies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back