Fair delivery
Oct 20, 2001 at 12:27 PM Post #16 of 34
STRECH, it would be great if you could stock up some Labtec Elite 840 headphones as well. I have yet to see any of these sold in Australia and from some of the reviews in Asia and the comments from those ppls, it seem this headphone will rock in terms of cost/quality, especially in the low ends.

I am looking for that particular headphone right now but have yet to find one that doesn't charge me over US $30 for stupid international charge.

Oct 20, 2001 at 6:17 PM Post #17 of 34
How did I know someone was gonna talk about those labtecs?

:p

They're still unknown, but might be the best of both worlds. Who knows? There are a few open headphones that have great imaging for games AND dvd's, (ie, most opens are better for DVD's, where accuracy isn't QUITE as needed, and a surrounding effect is, but there are a few nice opens that work with both, mostly made by Sennheiser and AKG and Beyer) but most need an amp...

Anyways, Stretch! You might want to include instructions and materials so people can make THIS mod for the KSC-50's!!!! That is what makes them so versatile, eg, you can get as much or as litttle bass as you want from em with this mod.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...&threadid=1830

Oct 20, 2001 at 7:04 PM Post #18 of 34
This information might assist you

[paste]
I was doing a search on Google for the KSC35's and the first link that comes up is liquidations.com which is selling them for $9.50 ea. in lots of 50 and you need a reseller's certificate to buy them. I just got the KSC50's and am very happy with the sound, but want something more comfortable, so I am considering the KSC35's. Does somebody with a reseller's certificate want to buy 50 of them? I know I would buy at least one pair, and I think others on the forum would buy them too, especially if they're being liquidated. The direct link is:
http://www.liquidations.com/Koss%20KSC35.htm

Oct 21, 2001 at 12:36 AM Post #19 of 34
I would say just get the KSC-50s. They sound extremely good for the price, and can't be much worse then the KSC-35s since they have the same drivers.

I own a pair and they have replaced me taking my HD600s as a portable headphone (Yes, I have done that. Yes, I get stared at.)

They aren't terribly comfortable, but I will probably mod them as the aforementioned link says.

For the money you can't go wrong.

Oh - the TD-61s are crap. Really, really uncomfortable, colored mids make them even bad for TV, hot, sweaty, boomy, and just sound plain off. Sot sure how the UR-20s compare to them though.

Oct 21, 2001 at 3:06 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

I own a pair and they have replaced me taking my HD600s as a portable headphone (Yes, I have done that. Yes, I get stared at.)

wow.

Oct 21, 2001 at 3:21 PM Post #22 of 34
umm, i had a REALLY bad experience with best buy computers... ended up in a really nasty argument with the guy there before he kicked me out, but after he broke a contract and charged me for absolutely nothing...

just fyi, your mileage may vary.

Oct 23, 2001 at 12:20 AM Post #24 of 34
Yeah STRETCH, you start getting those popular headphones from all over the world and start selling them online cheaply. You going to be sure to dominate Australia Headphones market for the hardcores. The only store that has the largest variety of headphones is Dick Smiths, but they are rather expensive and most of them do not allow online order. I'm sure you can do better.

Oct 23, 2001 at 1:06 AM Post #25 of 34
Oh, come on! we don't want to be recommending untested headphones, now DO WE?

I generally wait until at least TWO people test something before pretending I know everything about it.

*grins and sticks his tongue out*

Oct 24, 2001 at 10:00 AM Post #27 of 34
And Stretch, I take back what I said about the Elite 840.
smily_headphones1.gif
Go ahead and grab all the Koss Models you have.
Do free national wide delivery, I be your second customer for the headphones too. hehe

Oct 25, 2001 at 5:26 AM Post #29 of 34
I certainly wouldn't buy anything of bestbuy, nor would I send anyone I considered a friend to them to buy stuff...

FYI there's a couple of places in west australia that do beyer and koss, but I don't know what the demo situation is for auditioning them.

Oct 25, 2001 at 12:42 PM Post #30 of 34
I emailed the Australia Koss Dealer the other day asking about where can I get the headphones in Brisbane and here's the reply...

I would try Downtown Duty Free at Airport or Queen St. They also sell retail as well as Duty Free. The Koss KSC/35 has been deleted, but these 2 places may still have stock. Myer Queen St and Megamart Cooparoo also sell the UR/20. RRP on UR/20 is $74.95 and KSC/35 is $84.95.
Thanking you
Michael Quinn
EDS Trading (A/Asia) Pty. Ltd.

*pfft, Airport...you gotta to be kidding me*

They mentioned about the Koss KSC/35 has been deleted, explains why Stretch is having trouble finding it in Australia. I have no idea why they discontinue the product..maybe I should email them back.

And what's with the bad comments with bestbuy computer? Maybe Stretch can perhaps improve customers relation here and tell us why. And btw, the delivery charge does seem quite reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back