FaceBook Friend Requests Question
Dec 5, 2008 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

zotjen

Headphoneus Supremus
Just out of curiosity, does anyone accept friend requests on FaceBook (or even MySpace) when you have no idea who the person is? I recently hooked up with someone from high school and now I'm getting a whole bunch of requests. Some of these are people I recognize also from high school and I guess they're on his friend's list, but I have no idea who some of these other people are.

At least with MySpace you can view the person's page before you add them. That's something I don't like about FaceBook. There's also some people on FaceBook that I don't want to add but would like to view their pages just to see what they're up to.

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 10
On Facebook, users have the option of making their profile only avaible to their friends. This is done to prevent employers and such from looking at them. I only accept friend requests from people I know though that doesn't always happen. As long as I know them I accept even if we aren't really friends. I only do it this way because I am too lazy to unfriend the people I no longer talk to.

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

I'm pretty sure you can view a person's profile if they send a friend request to you

You are correct. It turns out of the two I was questioning, one was a girl I went to both grammar and high school with and she sent the request under her married name. As for the other one, I didn't recognize her name but checked my high school year book.

She graduated in my year but I'm still not sure who she is. I can't recall having any classes with her although we may have worked together in a school office one semester. I decided to add her anyway. Interestingly enough, one of her friends is this guy I used to work with who didn't go to our school.

Dec 6, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #6 of 10
If I have no idea who they are, they better be hot if they think I'll accept them.
tongue.gif

But really, if they have no common friends (or are likely from some place I've never been too) and I don't recognize them from anything, then hell no.

Dec 6, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #7 of 10
I only accept if I know them. Even if they're just an acquaintance I'll usually accept. If I have no idea who they are, then my mouse goes straight to the reject button.

Dec 6, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only accept if I know them. Even if they're just an acquaintance I'll usually accept. If I have no idea who they are, then my mouse goes straight to the reject button.

Same here. I only add people that I actually know or met. I have bunch of people on my friends list that I only met once. However, I never add people that I never met in my life, unless its a very cute girl of course heh

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no idea who some of these other people are.

If you try visualizing these people WITH hair, that might help fill in some of the memory gaps between high school days and now
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back