FA-003 balance problem
Aug 15, 2014 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

hitman47

Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
I've owned my pair of Fischer Audio FA-003s (they're actually FA-002Ws but I mounted the plastic cups a while ago as the wooden ones were a bit too bulky for my taste) for a few years now and they've always worked great whenever I used them with my Millett Mosfet-MAX. I only used them sparingly due to preferring speakers, but recently I broke one of my speakers and as a consequence my headphones have been seeing more use. And just now, for some reason, they seem to have decided to give out as well: The right side suddenly has much less emphasis on bass and there seems to be a general shift to the left in the "image" of the sound. The effect is most pronounced at lower frequencies, but it's also noticeable with more treble-rich songs. Even on its own, the right driver sounds "disconnected" from the sound whereas the left side is lively as ever. Has anyone else had this problem? If yes, is there any way to fix it, or am I gonna have to get some new cans?

Also, before anyone asks: I don't listen at excessive volumes, and I didn't do anything special to break them - just put them on tonight to listen to some Aphex Twin and noticed this issue, they seemed to work fine earlier in the day. And a cable swap makes no difference - I've tried both the original cable and my DIY one and I've also swapped the left/right plugs. No difference whatsoever, the right side always sounds off. And the DC resistance of both sides measures almost the same (62 vs 64 Ohm or something like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back