F1 is back !!!!!!!!!
Mar 13, 2008 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

omegaman

Headphoneus Supremus
Aussie Grand Prix this weekend and the start of a new season. What are your predictions for the season ?

I think it will be the championship for Kimi, another good year for Hamilton but not good enough to take the title.

A bad year for Alonso, they need to get the car sorted.

Anyway all will be revealed soon.

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 29
i haven't been following f1 for the longest time. i think it was when jp montoya was still hounding herr schumacher's rear diffuser. haha.

i heard so many good things about hamilton. who are the top contenders?

Mar 13, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are your predictions for the season ?

WOOOOOOOHHH
tongue.gif

Who do i think will be the 2008 world champion? You can probably tell by my avatar.
cool.gif
(no, im not talkin about felipe)

Mclaren? im guessing they will be strong as last year with Heikki and Lewis behind the wheels. But not strong enough to beat Ferrari
biggrin.gif

BMW Sauber's testing regime does not look too promising but im sure they will get things right as the season kicks off. Im really hoping to see Heidfield win a race for the Bavarian squad.

As for the 'best of the rest", it might be a close fight between renalt and Williams. But who knows....... renalt could possibly bounce back with alonso in 08 as quickly as they sank without alonso in 07. Both of these teams could give BMW Sauber a good run for their money.

Mar 13, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 29
i was just gonna post this!

im saying in the end

ferrari
mc
renault (i support renault, and i like alonso and yes im from england)
BMW/williams
RBR
STR
Honda/Toyota
FI
SA

i think the real battle will be bettween renault, williamas and BMW, that will be the one to watch, any of those 3 can get 3rd

i think STR will def be between the midfield and the bottom, im hoping FI do well

kimi to beat felipe
id like to see heikki beat lewis
fernando to beat piquet
id like to see kubica beat heidfeld tho i dont really mind
nakajima could be the suprise of the season
webber infront of DC
button for honda and davidson for SA
fisi for FI
i havent a clue for toyota

Mar 13, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 29
I say Kimi FTW this season, but don't count out Renault. They did not bring Fernando back just to have him languish this year. There will be an all out effort to get him to the front.

I'll also be curious to see just how Little Lewis does without Fernado's input to the team regarding car setup. And Heikki is not going to sit back and play #2 either.

This has the potential to be one of the best seasons of F1 in my 20 years of following the sport. I'm really looking forward to it.

A_Sr.

Mar 14, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #7 of 29
Toyota's situation is rather bad, how many billions of dollars have they thrown away? I'm sure you could fund TWO bmw/williams-level teams with all that money!

It will be very interesting to see Alonso go back to renault. Schumacher did a lot to help ferrari become the team they are now, but does Alonso have that level of influence on his team? I find it odd that a team like renault is floundering after such success in the past, the cars haven't evolved that much since 06, have they?

But I'm most interested in watching the GP2 alums (Lewis excepted) coming and really strutting their stuff.

Mar 14, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #8 of 29
Just got done watching Afternoon Practice on Speed. Most noticeable difference is that there is a LOT more slipping and sliding. The lack of TC really does show, and you see the drivers using opposite lock a lot more.

As far as who I want to win, I am a Ferrari fan definitely, but honestly, I'd love to see a BMW Sauber on the podium this year. I've always been a fan of the team, and a car as good looking as theirs deserves to win! Alonso annoys me, he just comes off as far too arrogant. His claim about him bringing .5 seconds back to Renault just seems really pretentious, no matter how good he is. I'm also hoping that Piquet does what Hamilton did last year and steal some of the glory from Alonso. Red Bull seems to be in good shape, a definite upper-midfield contender, especially considering their lap times today. I'm also excited to see what STR can do, now that they have Sebastien Bourdais with them. I hope Honda is better this year, hopefully they fixed the aero issues they had all last year. Overall, it looks like the competition will be a lot closer this year for the most part. I can't wait for the season to really get started, it should be a good one!

Mar 14, 2008 at 10:18 AM Post #10 of 29
i dont know, F1 has gone downhill really fast, with the whole spy issues last year, and now with the standart ECU, also the pit, the order in the pits is set by the team standings last year, meaning that McLarean should have had the last one, but ole barney moved them up,

personaly, i think were paying so barney can play with his toy cars, and its starting to get annoying,

Mar 14, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont know, F1 has gone downhill really fast, with the whole spy issues last year, and now with the standart ECU, also the pit, the order in the pits is set by the team standings last year, meaning that McLarean should have had the last one, but ole barney moved them up,

personaly, i think were paying so barney can play with his toy cars, and its starting to get annoying,

I missed that bit in the news, the way I understood it was Mclaren scored no points so they would be in the last pit all season. What reason was given for changing it ?

Anyway I can't understand what difference it makes are the garages smaller as you go back ?

It is Barnie's show, his latest is to try and have night races so that the TV times work out for us European's, next he will want the Brazilian GP to start at 6am !!!!!!!!!!

Mar 15, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #14 of 29
I'm with Al4x, I'm less excited about the Mclaren/Ferrari championship run as much as the Renault/BMW/Williams battle. THats going be intense and if they can manage to challenge Mclaren and Ferrari that would be incredible.

The best team is obviously going to be Ferrari. I mean its the only team with two well-seasoned drviers who have show abilites to garner a lot of points previously. McLaren blew their chance going with a rookie, don't get me wrong I absolutely love Kovalanien but its going to be hard for him to jump into a McLaren and go from what 15 points to the typical 80 one would need to beat out Massa.

But I love the teams, Kovalanien and Rosberg have good drives (Williams is going be a surprise this year, they've been srong throughout practice, Rosberg has proven himself as a good driver who merely needs a bit more experience and nicer car. I think its going come together nicely for him). BMW is doing great. Renault should get a boost from having Alonso back, I mean if anyone could win with that car it would be Alonso. McLaren is taken down a notch which is nice seeing as they were way too powerful last year. Altough I worry Ferrari might become a bit too dominate this year. I'm sure the teams will find a way to make it interesting.

Look forward.

Mar 15, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I missed that bit in the news, the way I understood it was Mclaren scored no points so they would be in the last pit all season. What reason was given for changing it ?

Anyway I can't understand what difference it makes are the garages smaller as you go back ?

It is Barnie's show, his latest is to try and have night races so that the TV times work out for us European's, next he will want the Brazilian GP to start at 6am !!!!!!!!!!

Night Races in a Road Race in Signapore would be amazing! I know hes probably not doing it cause it would be amazing. But still. I cant wait. Especially in a city like that, huge skyscrapers left and right brightly lit, just amazing. Of course pushing it much further would be terrible, I mean the Australian GP is a perfect time for me, 11 PM. Everything shouldn't be standardized for one market. Variation is good. I dont think the race is a bad idea, but yeah Bernie needs to make sure he keeps it moderate. Its about the sport not the money, push it to far you could lose the greatest championship there is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back