Eyeball Implants--check this out!
Feb 24, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #31 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, this is hot! I'm an eyeball freak, so I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'd be on that lady sooooo fast.

eyeballif5.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

what a pointless op!

Feb 24, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #33 of 62
Oh wow, a heart! how creative. That was totally worth letting some schmuck poke a knife in her eye. Maybe she could get something else super original and trendy in her other eye... how about a playboy bunny?

In all seriousness, I don't care if they want to do that, and I don't care what any religious fanatics have to say about it. Basically it just looks silly.
There's one thing these so called "body modders" haven't got down yet. It's called taste.

Feb 24, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pretty sad

Why is that? I'm all for personal expression, but I just don't see the point in this. There are a thousand places you could paint, pierce, etc that aren't your eye.

Feb 24, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #36 of 62
The same can be said for widening a hole in your ear and putting a 1" circular diameter round ring in it or putting a large bone through your nose, both of which have meanings in cultural heritage. Rites of passage so to speak.

031403l.jpg

2159217146_9b00402f1f.jpg

Feb 24, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #37 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The same can be said for widening a hole in your ear and putting a 1" circular diameter round ring in it or putting a large bone through your nose, both of which have meanings in cultural heritage. Rites of passage so to speak.

True, but I doubt getting a tat in you eye is considered any kind of rite. (Unless you count idiocy as a sub-culture)

Feb 24, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #38 of 62
In a James Bond movie or an episode of Mission Impossible, the implant could actually contain microfilm which would give a nation a list of the double agents during the cold war (just finished an episode of Misssion Impossible on American Life TV).
cool.gif

Feb 24, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #39 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In a James Bond movie or an episode of Mission Impossible, the implant could actually contain microfilm which would give a nation a list of the double agents during the cold war (just finished an episode of Misssion Impossible on American Life TV).
cool.gif

Microfilm in the eye, I'll give you.

Feb 24, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #40 of 62
I downloaded the video from the site, and honestly this video almost make me puke, holy cow, all this just for fun....that reminds me the surgery my mother went through to correct the cataracts...Just try to download the video, is really impressive...

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #42 of 62
Why don't she just have a screw in the forehead? Sorry but this is not artistic impression. I guess it takes piercing your body with objects a step further. It is an act of "look how crazy I can be" or "this is what I think of your beliefs" just to be counter to norms of society. An infection could blind her or being so close to her brain, could kill her. For what, someone to say "cool"? Don't get around a magnet.

She must not be much of a personality to try a gimmick like this for attention which is all it's for. Desperate!

Feb 25, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #44 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed. Why the hell would you do that? Go through all that pain and suffering and surgery just to get a tiny piece of titanium under your cornea? Oh right, that category of person is called a "body-modder".

According to the recipient, it was less painful than when she had laser eye surgery to correct her vision. She said it felt like she had an eyelash on her eye for a few days and then felt nothing.

Also, it's platinum, not titanium.

Feb 25, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #45 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by xzjia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you see all those people getting permanent tattoo and then later changes their mind and has to take them off painfully with laser and have those scar thingy left behind.

but still you have your entire body to work with and if its up your ass its not going to be too much loss, and even if they messed up you'll only have a burn.

with this eye thingy.... first of all you only got like 3 square inch of it to work with (and mess around with), secondly you need eyes to like... SEE... it'll be quite bad if you don't want it anymore, and if they mess up at all you'll be out an eye.

I can't believe anyone would mess with something as delicate and important as their eyes.

Google "Jewel Eye" to see the procedure, it's done by an opthamologist and is extremely easy and very reversible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back