Extreme Standard arrived today
Jan 28, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahvetti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not necessarily.

I think it is the problem of more analytical side of the equipment to do this. There is the other side also.

I mean it in a good way. There are other superlatives that headphones have as well. This is the most noticable/desirable to me.

Jan 29, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #19 of 20
Mkhail told me he had, what, 7 people, working for him? His wait times are nt that bad. I ordered a pre/headphone amp from McAlister Audio on Aug 11. I will pick it up at the post office today. By contrast, Mikhail delivered in about 2.5 weeks! He ships tubes in a day, just like the other good private tube sources.

One last question for Earl: is it just my ears or do Siemens 12AV7s suck? I have another that I think is a Sylvania and it sounds fine

Jan 29, 2007 at 12:23 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frihed89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mkhail told me he had, what, 7 people, working for him? His wait times are nt that bad. I ordered a pre/headphone amp from McAlister Audio on Aug 11. I will pick it up at the post office today. By contrast, Mikhail delivered in about 2.5 weeks! He ships tubes in a day, just like the other good private tube sources.

One last question for Earl: is it just my ears or do Siemens 12AV7s suck? I have another that I think is a Sylvania and it sounds fine

I didnt know Seimens even made a 12av7. But that is because I really dont run into all that many European tubes; especially since they became fashionable in the early 1990's. I have a few left over 6922's and some Holland made 7062's by Amperex and Philips, some 2c51's made in Sweden .... and that is about all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back