Extraordinary musical photos
Dec 15, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #48 of 54
American singer Johnny Gioeli and Japanese guitarist/composer Jun Senoue, the core of the hard rock band Crush 40. Their effort and musical contribution to the modern Sonic the Hedgehog brought some very interesting content.

From The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, I captured that myself actually:

I believe it is a glitch if Link got to pose this way.

The Touhou Project!:

people usually download these games but before making a torrent out of it, one first needs to grab a copy of the original work of art!

Here you go, video game music!

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #49 of 54
Also, I want to present to you guys an American band (Cincinnati, Ohia) called Foxy Shazam. They totally belong to this thread in the sense that they are the most extraordinary band I've seen and heard.

(oh, and they sound awesome, even though they had a rough start, they are now entitled to fame. I suggest that if you want a listen you start with "A Dangerous Man" on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqK1dE0FWo0) as an introduction to their energy and hardcore sided roots as a band and then that you move along to seeing glam rock and pop "Oh Lord" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg4CPaKzSUU) for a taste of the direction in which they evolve currently. You might like one and not the other, Foxy Shazam albums are constructed differently like that and it's been frustrating and deceiving a few fans, but making others happy too. The band says they just struggle to improve musically)

They're musical style changed over the years but their presence on stage always remained unique, entertaining and spectacular. Keep in mind I will only share lesser static images, but there are also quite sublime videos about them scattered across the internet. Eric Nally is quite talkative with the audience too.

Here we go, that is the band's most recent and better/stable six piece line-up

(Images enlarged are at native / max resolution)

Some people say they give quite a show that is worth seeing, even if you don't care much about their music. Here are pictures more colored.

Very intricate and heterogeneous I first thought when I seen them in pictures for the first time (and I had been listening to them for quite a while, before realizing I missed on they're visual image which is an integral part of their musical statement).

(dressed for the shooting of their latest video clip)

Here's the album cover which really got me into this band, "Au Contraire" (french for "contrary to"), an iTunes prelaunch of their third eponymous album

The cover for their latest single "I Like it"

Here are the individual members: Loren Daniel Turner, the guitarist

Schuyler "Sky" Vaughn White, keyboards

Bassist Daisy Caplan, doing his signature move

Alex Nauth, backup vocals and trumpet, he's a recent addition to Foxy Shazam's sound and front man Eric Nally's new right arm

Aaron McVeigh, drums. Before finding him they used quite a lot of drummers for stage and recording 

and finally we have young father Eric Sean Nally, the flamboyant singer for Foxy Shazam

doing his signature mic stand move

he look's terrific and terrible, but he's an heartfelt and soulful guy

(his style evolved a lot through the years. Though younger he's barely recognizable, his mustache is, to this day, quite iconic)

and he's SUCH A GUY, let me describe why.

He is extremely confident in himself, to a point you think he is either coming from another planet, or that he's acting or pretending to be someone else

He is literally always at maximum intensity, and his band gives their best at every shows

He get's quite intimate with the crowd, he tells stories, jokes, moralities, does pantomime, he's a huge entertainer, improviser, and project leader. He has tons of ideas and he likes he family a lot (very noticeable).

"...don't forget the world is a ball, if you go far enough, you're on your way back home.", took on the band's Facebook

(video (real) explanation of this image http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAitL1ZcxUY )

He baptized the band. "Foxy Shazam" was slang he used in his teenager years with school friends, it means "Cool shoes"...

He has a sense for art in general. Even though music is the only thing he does seriously, he can act quite well and every graphic for Foxy Shazam as nice effects and feathers everywhere.

he likes basketball a lot

Younger, he was one of the three white boys (he says two of them were pretending to be black) in a school for black people. He has developed some kind of unexplainable bonding to the black people he think high of. That bleeds in a lot of what the band does musically and visually.

and yes he does get naked on stage too

He tends to be on the effeminate side. He speaks soft, is quite lean and gracious, and wears the tightest clothes... but it's more because of the fact he's a weirdo that doesn't care for about what the people think of him. He has an amazing vocal range (think Freddie Mercury) and he packs quite a punch with it.

The band is quite sensible and affectionate too, towards the fans and towards themselves. They don't care about their appearance not so manly.

Back to Eric Nally: he will randomly light up five cigarettes, consume them all at once to half in like one or two breaths and then eat / swallow them. You just ask him and he does it

He climbs just about everywhere and he acts like a mischievous kid.

And last but not least, he and the whole Foxy Shazam are very nice and humble guys. They used to be a lot more thrashy but they always were appreciative of their fans and they spend a lot of time fooling around on the streets and talking to the people after their shows. They take a lot of pictures, make videos, which are then posted on Facebook, YouTube on which they are very present, giving regular insights, making silly contests. They are actively working on becoming the most popular band in the Universe, or so says Eric Nally.

Quite a mouthful mess that post is, but I felt like this is all extraordinary musical content and I wanted to share information so you don't do the same error than I did, which was to listen to these guys without ever caring about who they were. Their story is amazing and now you have a good starting point to see more clearly in their music, which is also amazing. Plus they give out one of the best live performance and a lot of funny / impressive content online to their fans.

(here's a demonstration of all that I've said here (watch out for your volume, there is bad and loud audio) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kWzau3l-NY)

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #52 of 54
Lykke Li - 60 seconds before concert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back