Aug 14, 2008 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

malcolm_x

New Head-Fier
hello
smily_headphones1.gif

I`am newbie on this forum.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have one quastion.
I have Yamaha Hs50M since 3 months, and now I want to upgrade my system of external Dac. Thos Dac Must be with preamp.
Ofcourse My decision is Zero Dac.
But recently I found tests of beresford Dac. Its twice much expensive, But please Tell me, It`s worth its price?

I`am love in My Yamaha Hs50M and I know that some on this dac`s will be only upgrade music stage, not louse up
smily_headphones1.gif

Here you are My system:

Aug 14, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 7
that is, quite possibly the cleanest desktop i've ever seen

so what exactly do you want out of your new DAC/Preamp (sorry, I'm not trying to insult you, but its obvious you're going through a language translator, i'm not sure what you mean by "I know that some on this dac`s will be only upgrade music stage, not louse up")

the idea behind a discrete D/A is to provide higher quality output, assuming you've got a decent digital source, but what do you mean "louse up" ?

Aug 14, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 7
I've heard the HS50M - found the tweeter a bit forward and bright - so would recommend going for a warmer/softer sounding front-end. Not heard the Beresford, don't get me started
mad.gif

Aug 15, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #5 of 7
Ello
smily_headphones1.gif
(sorry for my english)
Back to DAC. I want buy most transparent sound. I dont hear any of this dac`s, so I direct my quastion to you, which of this dac`s have most transparent and clean sound, zero or Beresford
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. These stands I`ve made by my self. It`s piece of aluminum.
I spent a lot of time behind the desk, so I want very clean and Nice work space, thats why
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #7 of 7
Did you decide on a DAC for these???
The reason I ask is I have an iMac 2007 model running Audirvana Plus.
At the moment I have the Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 running single ended to my Azur 640A 
And my Audio Technica AT-HA20.

We're moving in the next few months and when we do my set up will be the same as yours, 
the DAC Ive decided on is the Matrix Mini-i due to its Balanced output, ( the HS50M's have a balanced input )

Any new pics???

All the best, Paul :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back