Explorations in Space and Time
Aug 3, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #31 of 33

Quote:
I won't give it a try because I've heard it and I don't like it.  I especially don't like the selection of instruments and the way they're used.  Pink Floyd would be a lot more enjoyable without the constant saxophones and overall jazziness.  There is a reason certain music isn't mainstream, because it's not good.  It's a shame that the bad music sounds good and the good music sounds bad.

I don't mean to contradict you, but personally, I love Pink Floyd as they are. They're one of my favorite bands, and coming from a teen who was raised on rap songs and pop rock, that's no mean feat.

But I digress. Your taste in music is your own, so you shouldn't let other people get to you. But badmouthing other's preferred genre is bad form. If you do not like it, simply say so, and let the matter drop. I would also love for contemporary music to be recorded with better equipment, but I hardly find it appropriate to refer to jazz as universally bad; sometimes, it just depends on your mood. There was a time not too long ago when I couldn't stand slow rock, but I'm a fan of Journey, Pink Floyd, etc now. Things change. Don't get stuck in a rut.

... Anyway, I just dropped by to say that I'm going to be DLing the binaural version soon, after I pool together enough cash. Just wish I had better equipment for it XD

Nov 5, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #32 of 33
Huge let down. I actually thought the quality was terrible. The levels are inconsistent, and on many tracks so low as to be non-existent.

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #33 of 33
Quote:
Huge let down. I actually thought the quality was terrible. The levels are inconsistent, and on many tracks so low as to be non-existent.

It's a feature, not a bug.

Congratulations. Now you understand what is meant by "dynamic range."

The soundstage is clearly better with the Neumann dummy head: http://www.neumann.com/?lang=en&id=current_microphones&cid=ku100_description

But I prefer the over all tonal balance with the Soundfield: http://www.soundfield.com/products/mkv.php

I happen to like this music. But then again I love jazz, so I must be wrong. Because Jazz in Bad Music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back