Explorations in Space and Time
Feb 11, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #16 of 33

Quote:
I won't give it a try because I've heard it and I don't like it.  I especially don't like the selection of instruments and the way they're used.  Pink Floyd would be a lot more enjoyable without the constant saxophones and overall jazziness.  There is a reason certain music isn't mainstream, because it's not good.  It's a shame that the bad music sounds good and the good music sounds bad.

Everything you've just said is your opinion! If you don't like it, fine. Don't go around crapping on what other people on this website DO like. Seriously, how constructive was that original post by you? About 10 people before you said that they couldn't wait for it. But NO. Everyone is wrong. Whatever I like is bad because you don't like it and it's not mainstream.

I like what Pink Floyd did. You don't. If they didn't use a jazz influence it would be more enjoyable for you, not everyone.

There IS a certain reason some music is not mainstream, and it's not because it's bad. It's because it's not for everyone. Mainstream music is catered for the majority of people so that they can make the most money.

You need to remember that there are opinions out there other than yours. Don't call something you dislike "bad", just say "It wasn't my thing".

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #17 of 33

Quote:
Quote:
ramicio said:

I won't give it a try because I've heard it and I don't like it.  I especially don't like the selection of instruments and the way they're used.  Pink Floyd would be a lot more enjoyable without the constant saxophones and overall jazziness.  There is a reason certain music isn't mainstream, because it's not good.  It's a shame that the bad music sounds good and the good music sounds bad.

Everything you've just said is your opinion! If you don't like it, fine. Don't go around crapping on what other people on this website DO like. Seriously, how constructive was that original post by you? About 10 people before you said that they couldn't wait for it. But NO. Everyone is wrong. Whatever I like is bad because you don't like it and it's not mainstream.

I like what Pink Floyd did. You don't. If they didn't use a jazz influence it would be more enjoyable for you, not everyone.

There IS a certain reason some music is not mainstream, and it's not because it's bad. It's because it's not for everyone. Mainstream music is catered for the majority of people so that they can make the most money.

You need to remember that there are opinions out there other than yours. Don't call something you dislike "bad", just say "It wasn't my thing".

This.......^^^^^^^^................

We could always go back to beating branches on rocks.
Wait,     that would make drummers real musicians.................

Nah, can't grasp the concept...........

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #21 of 33

Quote:
  Quote:

We could always go back to beating branches on rocks.
Wait,     that would make drummers real musicians.................

Nah, can't grasp the concept...........

Hey! I'm a drummer! :p

Two answers to this one, take your pick:-

1/ Oops...!!!!!!
2/ Point proven.!!!

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #22 of 33

Quote:
Because the genre of music they are producing in that article is far from mainstream.  It would be nice to have some good-sounding mainstream/pop/rock.  But everything that sounds good these days is weird stuff like classical, jazz, and other weird genres that not everyone is into.  Evidently the only way one can have class is to listen to that stuff.

I don't think it has anything to do with class, but there is likely a reason for the style of music that is available in high bitrate recordings. I am not trying to bash pop music with this statement, I like some, but really for a lot of it would there be a point in higher quality. I don't mean to insinuate that is sounds bad, but I don't think most people would believe it would add anything. I am mostly speaking to today's younger pop. So much of it is electronic beats and samples that there is no minor details to pick up on. That in conjunction with being recorded in padded sterile studios cuts out all of that extra information. Jazz, and the like has more. It has natural sounds that may otherwise go unnoticed. Also, a major part of it I believe is held by the artists themselves. I am sure if they felt strongly enough about their music, it could be recorded and released in a different fashion. It tends to be the more eclectic people that care about going through with the extra effort. I may be off base, I am not a musician, nor in the music industry.

Edit: Ok, I have read some more of your posts and you seem to think that only your opinion is correct. It is fine to not like one type of music or another, but not right to say one is bad and not worth listening to, that is just close mined. I suppose that is my opinion, which ironically I believe is the only correct one, well at least the only respectable one.

Apr 23, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #23 of 33
I'm not sure why people are so upset about someones opinion in this thread. Get over it.

I think there are better sounding albums out there. I also thing there is better percussion-only music out there (unfortunately it is an area that has recently been riddled with unmusical garbage).

5.5/10 from me based on musical qualities. I won't bother rating sound quality.

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #26 of 33

Quote:
YES
Look on the Chesky site..

Psh, I somehow missed this on the front page.
redface.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/550220/chesky-records-makes-a-high-rez-album-for-head-fi-ers-in-binaural

Users who are viewing this thread

Back