Explain your avatar
Sep 20, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #2,461 of 3,006
cover of All We Love We Leave Behind by the band Converge. The artist is Jacob Bannon, the vocalist of the band. He has some amazing work and if I ever have a band that will put out an album I'd do anything to have any of his artwork as the cover

Sep 24, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #2,463 of 3,006
My avatar was inspired by the tweeter and woofer drivers found in the BA IEMs.

Usually, most people would relate a "tweeter" to a bird, so in my case, I related the bird (tweeter), found in my avatar, to an animal of a "vicious" nature, being the eagle. As of the "woofer", people would usually relate that to a dog/hound, and again, in my case, I related it to a wolf. So, for those who didn't notice, my avatar consists of a wolf and an eagle, representing the "tweeter and woofer". 

As of my name, being SkyBleu (comes from the blue-coloured methylamine found in the TV series, Breaking Bad, in which the characters called it, the "Blue Sky" for those who were wondering. The name BlueSky looked odd, so I changed the wording around, and gave it a French touch to get the "Bleu"), gave me reason to add the blue, cloudy sky as the background for the "tweeter and woofer" symbolism found in my avatar. 

And yeah..that's pretty much how my avatar came together! Lol 
biggrin.gif

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #2,464 of 3,006
  My avatar was inspired by the tweeter and woofer drivers found in the BA IEMs.

Usually, most people would relate a "tweeter" to a bird, so in my case, I related the bird (tweeter), found in my avatar, to an animal of a "vicious" nature, being the eagle. As of the "woofer", people would usually relate that to a dog/hound, and again, in my case, I related it to a wolf. So, for those who didn't notice, my avatar consists of a wolf and an eagle, representing the "tweeter and woofer". 

As of my name, being SkyBleu (comes from the blue-coloured methylamine found in the TV series, Breaking Bad, in which the characters called it, the "Blue Sky" for those who were wondering. The name BlueSky looked odd, so I changed the wording around, and gave it a French touch to get the "Bleu"), gave me reason to add the blue, cloudy sky as the background for the "tweeter and woofer" symbolism found in my avatar. 

And yeah..that's pretty much how my avatar came together! Lol 
biggrin.gif

Well Done !

Though a difficult post to follow and to one-up (Currywurst with fries) , I do believe it's safe to say,
 you have succeeded nicely and so very artfully so ~   

/ Straya , lol

// Stralya , silly 
L3000.gif

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #2,465 of 3,006

Well Done !

Though a difficult post to follow and to one-up (Currywurst with fries) , I do believe it's safe to say,
 you have succeeded nicely and so very artfully so ~   

/ Straya , lol

// Stralya , silly 
L3000.gif

thanks, haha. 

Well, I made the avatar a while ago, but I never had a place to explain what it represents and such, so then I stumbled across this thread today, and felt my work had not gone to vain! 
tongue.gif

Stralya? Naaaahh, doesn't seem right! 'Straya is how we do it down under. 
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #2,469 of 3,006

Can anyone guess what headphone is this?

Clearly, Sennheiser, from the logo on the headphone jack.
From the frame on the outside of the cans, it looks more like an HD800 to me. Only the cord throws me, because HD800s have dual cords. Perhaps that was just an artistic choice?

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #2,470 of 3,006
So, I don't know, what do you guys think about this one?

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #2,471 of 3,006

From the frame on the outside of the cans, it looks more like an HD800 to me. Only the cord throws me, because HD800s have dual cords. Perhaps that was just an artistic choice?

You must be kidding me! 

Did you not take note of the Sennheiser logo on the left ear cup? From what I recall, the HD800 do not have that logo on the side. Along with that, the HD800's jack is huge, compared to that small 6.3mm jack shown in the picture. Even the frame of the one in the picture differs from that of the HD800.

Here, take a look at what we should be assuming, the HD598. Now, my friend, you tell me, between the HD598, and your HD800, would you say looks closer to the original drawn picture. 
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #2,472 of 3,006
I really like the simplistic design of that!

Yeah, HD598?

Senn HD598?
popcorn.gif

You must be kidding me! 

Did you not take note of the Sennheiser logo on the left ear cup? From what I recall, the HD800 do not have that logo on the side. Along with that, the HD800's jack is huge, compared to that small 6.3mm jack shown in the picture. Even the frame of the one in the picture differs from that of the HD800.

Here, take a look at what we should be assuming, the HD598. Now, my friend, you tell me, between the HD598, and your HD800, would you say looks closer to the original drawn picture. 
tongue.gif

So sorry to say but actually you are all wrong...
But you are close
biggrin.gif

Clue: Look closely at the size and postition of the Sennheiser logo at the right (left in the picture) earcup

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #2,473 of 3,006

But you are close
biggrin.gif

Clue: Look closely at the size of the Sennheiser logo at the earcup

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #2,474 of 3,006

But you are close
biggrin.gif

Clue: Look closely at the size of the Sennheiser logo at the earcup

HD518 or HD558???

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #2,475 of 3,006

HD518 or HD558???

Yes! HD558 it is~

(this one is the closest i could find in terms of camera angle but it is facing the other earcup, so you could probably mirror image it and it would look very similar)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back