Explain your avatar
Dec 18, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #2,206 of 3,006

I GOTTA BELIEVE!!!

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #2,207 of 3,006
In the "Show Us your Current Head-fi station" forum there was a run of knife and headphone pics.  As arms races tend to escalate the discussion quickly turned to guns.  That is how I got the idea for this.  

"You can have my headphones when you pry them from my cold dead hands!"

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #2,209 of 3,006
Quote:
@pelli: that is hot!!! I like it!!!
cool.gif

Thanks!  Feel free to repost at will...

Dec 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #2,211 of 3,006
Quote:
In the "Show Us your Current Head-fi station" forum there was a run of knife and headphone pics.  As arms races tend to escalate the discussion quickly turned to guns.  That is how I got the idea for this.  

"You can have my headphones when you pry them from my cold dead hands!"

Freedom? Hah! Don't you all know that you're not free? Your headphones are controlling your every thought and are whispering sweet nothings into your ears every time you put them on. You know, a nice new DAC would be nice. You don't need to pay the water bill this month. Just make sure you do the electric one...or, you know.... Anyway, I demand that you get a new DAC, and, really, do you think this amp is doing me justice? It has a THD + noise of 0.000000005%. There's a new one out that'll do 0.000000001%, and it'll only cost you one of your kidneys and your left arm. You're right handed, anyway, right? So you're getting both a DAC and an amp, and you'll be doing it right now--so what if the roof's leaking? Just don't put the amp under the drip 'cause we all know what happens when powered up tubes meet water...CRRRACK!

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #2,212 of 3,006
Quote:
I guess he's from a republican party..:)

I keep my politics and head-fi separate.  Just thought it would be funny!

Quote:

Freedom? Hah! Don't you all know that you're not free? Your headphones are controlling your every thought and are whispering sweet nothings into your ears every time you put them on. You know, a nice new DAC would be nice. You don't need to pay the water bill this month. Just make sure you do the electric one...or, you know.... Anyway, I demand that you get a new DAC, and, really, do you think this amp is doing me justice? It has a THD + noise of 0.000000005%. There's a new one out that'll do 0.000000001%, and it'll only cost you one of your kidneys and your left arm. You're right handed, anyway, right? So you're getting both a DAC and an amp, and you'll be doing it right now--so what if the roof's leaking? Just don't put the amp under the drip 'cause we all know what happens when powered up tubes meet water...CRRRACK!

It's like you are listening to my innermost thoughts

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #2,213 of 3,006
Mine is obviously from Buffy. At the time I signed up to head-fi I was watching a lot of Buffy. Hey, it was/is a great show.

But wait! There's more to it than just that. One of my huge musical influences is Talking Heads, and their best (IMHO) album is "Remain in Light". One of the songs on that classic album is "Seen And Not Seen" which is about the concept of changing one's appearance through force of will.

There's a line in the song: "They may have picked an ideal appearance based on some childish whim, or momentary impulse"

That line has always stuck with me - especially when it comes time to choose an online identity! It must take a massive force of effort to *not* choose your avatar or appearance based on a childish whim or momentary impulse.

And I regret to say I failed, in this respect, at least as far as head-fi is concerned. So I picked an avatar which is based on the TV show that I was watching at the time.

It's not the end of the world (that was yesterday) but it is, well, it is a thing that I have noticed.

Anyway, so that's the story of my avatar. Interesting, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back