Explain your avatar
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #961 of 3,006

Quote:
What kind of pun can I make with my pet bird?

This is Hikaru, a Jenday Conure.

By chance, does Hikaru repeat any lyrics from songs you favor? Or sing??
popcorn.gif

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #962 of 3,006

"Her Silent Smile"--

Her over-the-shoulder glance and partial smile prompted me to proclaim a "Silent smile" for Silent One. 
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #963 of 3,006
My avatar is my face, looking glum. And bearded. 

Btw, so many Anime avatars! And I thought all audiophiles were 50-year old engineers. I guess the demographic changed in the last few years. :)

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #964 of 3,006
This Avatar is a photo of me wearing an early HE-500 at last years London head-fi meet. 

Any similarities between the photo and Dale the chipmunk are purely coincidental.

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #965 of 3,006

Quote:
My avatar is my face, looking glum. And bearded. 

Btw, so many Anime avatars! And I thought all audiophiles were 50-year old engineers. I guess the demographic changed in the last few years. :)

smiley_thumb.gif
 And changed dramatically. Last week, for example, I almost paid a fellow member to create me a Pony! (not really...) But, if you look back at Akihabara, Animie and Electronics have long co-existed. 

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #966 of 3,006

Quote:
This Avatar is a photo of me wearing an early HE-500 at last years London head-fi meet. 

Any similarities between the photo and Dale the chipmunk are purely coincidental.

It'd be great to look across the Pond and see my fellow head-fier's makin' it work while at play. Have a link to a photo album?

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #967 of 3,006

Quote:

"Her Silent Smile"--

Her over-the-shoulder glance and partial smile prompted me to proclaim a "Silent smile" for Silent One. 
wink.gif

Wow, that is one gorgeous lady.  Is she an artist of the musical kind?

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #969 of 3,006

Quote:

Good one

Quote:
eek.gif
  Good thing this won't impact my ears!

It would in RL.  She is loud as **** when she's in a bad mood...

Quote:
By chance, does Hikaru repeat any lyrics from songs you favor? Or sing??

Her breed doesn't learn to talk too often.  Even if she did I listen to everything except documentaries on the History channel and the news over my headphones anyway so she'd never hear it to pick it up.

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #970 of 3,006
From TV Tropes, Cute but Cacophonic under Real Life

Quote:
Any and all parrots. Even budgerigars ("parakeets") can get grating with their constant chattering, but did you know that the large species of cockatoo can achieve decibel levels that exceed that of a jet engine? And then there's the sun conure; its near-rainbow of orange, yellow, green, and blue feathers is definitely gorgeous, and it's got a completely engaging playful personality. But this 12" long bird has a scream that feels rather like someone is hammering a white-hot railroad spike into your ear. And yes, they can cause temporary deafness at close range. No wonder screaming problems are one of the biggest reasons why a parrot gets dumped in rescue.

Jenday Conures are very closely related to the Sun Conures mentioned above.

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #973 of 3,006

Quote:
Wow, that is one gorgeous lady.  Is she an artist of the musical kind?

wink.gif
 She is gorgeous, indeed. The Black & White photography really adds something. Just a regular model. I set about looking for a replacement for K-Mok in B & W and I often look among singers, actresses, dancers and such. No sooner than I began to search, I tripped over my new avatar - search suspended! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #974 of 3,006

Quote:

Good one

It would in RL.  She is loud as **** when she's in a bad mood...

Her breed doesn't learn to talk too often.  Even if she did I listen to everything except documentaries on the History channel and the news over my headphones anyway so she'd never hear it to pick it up.

If the presentation piping through your cans were musical, wouldn't you occasionally sing out loud?
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back