Explain your avatar
Aug 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #2,401 of 3,006
Quote:
Of late, how I must look shopping for new audio gear:

175x400px-LM-89d3ed53_ZC1Shopping-Copy.jpeg

and now you have the most awesome Umbreon as your avatar <3

Mine's from the 1990's Animated Bay Man cartoon, I just love the expression on Jokers face. Apprently ppl aren't to crazy about his Joker Fish [he was hoping to patenet all fish prodcuts and make some cash off em ;3] just pretty funny imo

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #2,404 of 3,006
Aug 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #2,405 of 3,006
Here's mine.

Zhu Bajie is one of the three helpers of Xuanzang in the classic Chinese novel Journey to the West.

Zhu Bajie is a complex and developed character in the novel. He looks like a terrible monster, part human and part pig, who often gets himself and his companions into trouble through his laziness, gluttony, and propensity for lusting after pretty women. He is jealous of Sun Wukong and always tries to bring him down.

Xuanzang gave him the nickname Bājiè which means "eight restraints, or eight commandments" to remind him of his Buddhist diet.

Zhu Bajie originally held the title of Tiānpéng Yuánshuài (天蓬元帅; lit. "Marshal Canopy"), commander-in-chief of 80,000 Heavenly Navy Soldiers. He was later banished, however, for misbehaviour. At a party organized for all the significant figures in Heaven, Bajie saw the Goddess of the Moon for the first time and was captivated by her beauty. Following a drunken attempt to sexually harass her, she reported this to the Jade Emperor and thus he was banished to Earth.

I'm not Chinese but Dutch but I have studied some Chinese language and culture and have a special place in my heart for that country, it's rich culture and it's inhabitants.
I have seen a TV series of this story and liked the Zhu Bajie character. I like to think I'm a bit like him.
He has been my avatar eversince.

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #2,406 of 3,006

My avatar is Glenn Gould, the Canadian classical pianist known for his Bach interpretations..

What can I say, I'm a huge fan of his Bach, Beethoven, Haydn, Mozart (at times hilarious) and R. Strauss. I don't care much about all the stories about his supposed eccentric behaviour..

The man was a genius so that's how they roll..
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #2,407 of 3,006
I started with hipster angst Ariel then found this amazing picture of Ariel wearing headphones.
I should probably credit the original artist but finding this picture once was hard enough.
Oh and Yea I'm a guy. I just have a thing for redheads haha

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #2,408 of 3,006
I would like to use this Mad cover, but it would surely get me on the
DHS / NSA / CIA / FBI / TSA Sh1t list, I suspect ;')

MAD-Magazine-523-Spy-Obama-Cover.jpg

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #2,409 of 3,006
Quote:
Oh and Yea I'm a guy. I just have a thing for redheads haha

You and me both brother... there's an influx or Irish girls invading my wal mart... my productivity at worked has dropped significantly these last few weeks... xD 

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #2,410 of 3,006
Quote:
I would like to use this Mad cover, but it would surely get me on the
DHS / NSA / CIA / FBI / TSA Sh1t list, I suspect ;')

OMG. You win +1000 internets for that picture, bro. ROFLMAO.

Personally, I was thinking about changing mine to the shot below. I just can't quite, however, because I'm a guy, and I don't want anyone thinking I'm a chick.

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #2,411 of 3,006
Quote:

Personally, I was thinking about changing mine to the shot below. I just can't quite, however, because I'm a guy, and I don't want anyone thinking I'm a chick.

That picture has breasts in it... most ppl would assume that due to the obvious and excellent clevage + beer that you are a man. Since us men do love both of those things. A women how ever would not have such a simple visual for a mans most basic pleasures lol. Go for it man! 

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #2,412 of 3,006
Quote:

BIG "Thumbs-Up" , Do 'er, Bra ;')

Users who are viewing this thread

Back