Explain it like I'm 5 please: If I upgrade one cable, don't I have to upgrade them all?
Mar 6, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #16 of 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBSC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did exactly that. The internal signal wiring in my KGSSHV is all solid core OCC silver. The high voltage wire is OCC copper. Connectors are all Furutech rhodium over pure copper. No brass, no cheap wiring inside.

You do realize that the conductivity of the brass is a non-issue, right? It just provides good structure. The conductor is the plating. Brass is more dimensionally stable than copper - which, means better contact (and thus sound) over time. 

*shrug*

Mar 6, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #18 of 29
Yah, I've never understood rhodium plating. At least gold is a good conductor, if you are after corrosion resistance.

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #20 of 29
What I've been told is that rhodium, because it's so tough and resistant to oxidation, you don't have to plate as much of it onto the base metals.  So less distance to go through, or something like that.  

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #22 of 29
Yeah. You should replace all stock cables/cords slowly and at a normal pace. It's not a race; upgrade as the money comes along. Enjoy your music but remember: Once you go aftermarket, you will not go back. Have fun! 
darthsmile.gif

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #23 of 29
Oh! and don't forget to replace all the fuses in your house 
biggrin.gif

Personaly I tried a few aftermarkets interconnects and power cords but to be honest I haven't  be able to ear any differences.

Mar 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #26 of 29

Quote:
there's nothing to understand... it's mostly petty gibber

We're trying to understand the reasons behind decisions. Nothing petty at all. I want to know, for instance, why Oyaide uses Rhodium, when all the conventional wisdom about conductivity (more being better) would indicate that as a poorer choice than many other materials. I don't think this is an unreasonable question to ask, before spending money on them. 

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #28 of 29
Sarcasm doesn't always translate well on the web. You never know who is serious about something ridiculous. 

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #29 of 29

Quote:
Oh! and don't forget to replace all the fuses in your house 
biggrin.gif

Personaly I tried a few aftermarkets interconnects and power cords but to be honest I haven't  be able to ear any differences.

Well, I tried only Oyaide and I heard a big improvement. So much for me to order another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back