Experimentation with the Westone 3
Nov 5, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #16 of 18
Thanks for this very helpful and wide-ranging thread that I have found useful in more than one way. I owned the W4s but felt they were too shy in the sub-bass department for the music I listen too (rap, trance, metal) so exchanged them for the W3s. I then felt that I was missing the detail of the W4s because of the bass presence in the W3s. Behold this thread, and I found that the bass reducer and jazz settings provide a happy median. I still miss the articulation in the lower ranges found in the W4s, but it will do. No more tossing and turning over whether to exchange the W3s for the W4s.

Also, I am pondering the step up to customs, and have been considering the UE7, 10 or 11. I see the comparison of the W3s EQ'd with the 10 and 11, can anyone shed light on how the 7s compare to the W3s, either EQ'd or not?

Thanks

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #17 of 18
The spoken Word eq sounded best for me, I found vocal booster made the mids too dark where as spoken word really brought the mids forward by boosting the upper mid region. The best way to eq the w3 is still equ app though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back