Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock, Post-Punk, Progressive Rock, Alternative Rock, Shoegaze, Grunge, Brit-pop, Dream Pop, Indie Rock, Madchester, Ethereal Wave, etc.) Appreciation Thread
Sep 4, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #353 of 468
I decided to create a thread to celebrate the more obscure side of rock music. Youve got the cliche hard rock like Gun's and Roses, AC/DC, Van Halen and the lot. Then you get the rock music that is heavy in expirementation and effects that stem from psychadelic and expiremental rock bands such as Pink Floyd and the Velvet Underground. I'll share a few examples from its more trippy side ala the shoegaze scene known as "the scene that celebrates itself.

My Bloody Valentine-Only Shallow

Airiel-This Is Why I Can't Sleep

Slowdown-Souvlaki Space Station

Feel free to share your experiences with this type of rock music. :)

Edit: I've decided to expand this thread from the Alternative Rock genre to the entire works of rock music that dont conform to the typical hard rock bands most people think when it comes rock. I did this because theres just so much more to discover than alternative rock bands that developed out of the late eighties.

I saw the My Blood Valentine Tour for Loveless and it may have been the most bone rattling sound I have ever heard as they tried to clear the room with the last song---saw them at original 930 club in DC--1991 or 2? Brilliant show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back