Experiences with big spiders
Mar 31, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #167 of 182
Imagine a super spider being the size of a large turtle. It's black, hairy and jumps as well and runs really fast with their 8 long legs and sees everything with their 8 big shiny black eyes.

Man that will be nightmarish..

Mar 31, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #168 of 182
imagine that on each of the long legs, there sprout an additional hundred legs, centipede style. And when you flip the monster over, there are even more little arms moving around in addition to all the other little parts all moving.. ew.

Mar 31, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #169 of 182
vogelspi.jpg

Mar 31, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #170 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Imagine a super spider being the size of a large turtle. It's black, hairy and jumps as well and runs really fast with their 8 long legs and sees everything with their 8 big shiny black eyes.

Man that will be nightmarish..

That's why I think twice about killing them. I'm afraid that the mother will come to seek revenge and she will be the size of a small pony.

Apr 1, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #172 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatMACHI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok my sister just freaked out at finding a huntsman in our bathroom. So i cought it...but what do i do now?? Letting it go would be the best thing i suppose. It has about an 10 cm leg span. Not too big from others ive seen but still :p Its more than ur average Daddy Long legs :p

Anyone else cought any big spiders in their house?

huntsman2.jpg

yeah the vent holes at the top of my bathroom are full of cobwebs lol
huntsman1.jpg

we get these all the time. normally i'm nice, and i catch them and let them go. but a little while ago i woke with the feeling of something running across my chest. turned the light on to find two of these chasing each other around my bed. so 10 minutes and a vacuum cleaner later it's all good.

i figured they got in around the fly screen in my window. i've now got masking tape all around the edge - haven't had a repeat.

Apr 1, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #173 of 182
The pic in this thread that really freaks me out is the one of that damn clock. Not the necrosis, not the 7 foot long spiders. The creature behind the clock haunts me.

Apr 1, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #174 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by $qwuzzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we get these all the time. normally i'm nice, and i catch them and let them go. but a little while ago i woke with the feeling of something running across my chest. turned the light on to find two of these chasing each other around my bed. so 10 minutes and a vacuum cleaner later it's all good.

i figured they got in around the fly screen in my window. i've now got masking tape all around the edge - haven't had a repeat.

shocked.gif
!!!

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #175 of 182
I'd imagine when your sleeping and wake up to a spider crawling on you it's more creepy because while you're asleep they could have been violating you in some way.

Apr 1, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #176 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The pic in this thread that really freaks me out is the one of that damn clock. Not the necrosis, not the 7 foot long spiders. The creature behind the clock haunts me.

apologies, brother. would seeing what is under make it better?

Apr 3, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #178 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by splaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd imagine when your sleeping and wake up to a spider crawling on you it's more creepy because while you're asleep they could have been violating you in some way.

um....ok. that's not what i was thinking....

Apr 6, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #179 of 182
The Terminix man came the other day and sprayed the carpet near the baseboards (no major bug problems here, just some earwigs once in a while). After reading this thread I want him to come back and spray some of that crap in my mouth.

Apr 6, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #180 of 182
I've had a spider crawl across me at night before, of course I was still so asleep that I didn't realize what it was until the thing was long gone. Once I did figure it out though I went straight for the Kleenex and made sure it didn't happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back