Experiences with big spiders
Mar 28, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #46 of 182
Well I hope the spider was released, rather than left in a tupperware container. I have this duality about spiders and insects. On the one hand I scream like a little schoolgirl, but on the other, they have their place in nature and I really respect that.

So my method would be to hide, and then have someone else catch and release it in another country.
biggrin.gif

A recluse was in my going-out-to-the-stable shoes, unbeknownst to me as I slipped into the shoes with my bare feet. I still get the full body shivers over that, and it was over 10 years ago. I swear I felt its fangs on my big toenail!
eek.gif

Otherwise, it was mostly spiders of the ugly-but-harmless variety.

Mar 28, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #47 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually indoor spiders usually die when you put then outdoors. probably more humane just to squash them.

yeah, if you're good at it you can pretty much painlessly disintegrate a spider with one fowl swoop of the shoe.

foul, too.

Mar 28, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #48 of 182
eek.gif
I HATE YOU GUYS!!! WISH I WAS AS BRAVE AS YOU GUYS!!!

POSTING BIG @SS PICTURES OF SPIDERS!!!! I ABSOLUTELY HATE HATE HATE SPIDERS!!!
eek.gif

I was sweating after the second pictures and couldn't go on after the golden silk spider.
rolleyes.gif

my stomach and head hurt.
frown.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #49 of 182
Man you guys sure get some crazy stuff in Australia!

Mar 29, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #50 of 182
Seriously euclid, that was not funny! I was sitting so close to my screen... almost screamed like a little girl
redface.gif
I think I have a minor phobia for spiders, yet I still click on this thread?! Let me think of something happy now... ahh.. yes... NOS Baby Orpheus here soon
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #57 of 182
actually i think the spider 003 posted is quite beautiful.

like one of these:

300px-Tarantula.jpg

a Chilean rose tarantula. beautiful little creatures, quite docile. i've handled then more than once, let them crawl around my head etcetera. pretty good pets, i'm going to get one as soon as i can get a decent climate control unit.

Mar 29, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #60 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually i think the spider 003 posted is quite beautiful.

like one of these:

300px-Tarantula.jpg

a Chilean rose tarantula. beautiful little creatures, quite docile. i've handled then more than once, let them crawl around my head etcetera. pretty good pets, i'm going to get one as soon as i can get a decent climate control unit.

Hey, this one is actually pretty damn cute! I've seen these at pet stores. They sell for around 60-120 bucks in Hong Kong.

But God Almighty do I not want to find out what the one behind the clock looks like... I think I'll check my email notifications and see whether there are any attached pictures before I peer into this thread again
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back