Exercising with DT880's?
Oct 10, 2007 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AndrewF

100+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of regular DT880's, run off a decent amp, which I really like, but don't get to use as much as I'd like (job, kids, etc). I do get to indoor row or kayak erg pretty much every morning, and I typically use my UM2's for that. I was thinking that it would be cool to set up the DT880's and the amp by my workout area, so as to get to use them then. Would I trash them by sweating into them? I tried it once and the pads got pretty wet, but dried out ok. Can the pads be replaced easily if I totally trash them? Any one ever use (relatively) high end cans like this for exercise?

Or is this a completely stupid idea?

Andrew

Oct 10, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 8
I say go for it. I don't see where getting just the pads sweaty would ruin the drivers. You can easily remove and rinse and/or wash the pads. You can buy new pads if needed.

Oct 10, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 8
if breaking a $300 cans for you is okay, then go for it.
i wouldnt bring them outside sicne theyre an expensive headphones.

do that with ksc75 or px100

Oct 11, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #5 of 8
You can get a pair of leather pads pretty easily on the FS forum. It's not the easiest thing in the world to do but you can change the pads. I would use the velor pads the way you are and switch to the leather for non-sweaty use.

Btw, I really recommend IEMs for exercise use...

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me clarify- I'm only planning to use them indoors, in my basement (where no one else can see what a geek I look like...)

af

i thought you gonna use them while kayaking, =)

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #8 of 8
You could comission someone to make special coolmax earpads for workout use
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back