Exclusive "First Look" at Ferrari by Logic3 headphones - it's very good
Jan 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:
They actually sound really good. Much more balanced than some of the designer headphones I've tried. I'm trying to get my paws on the little brother the T250 without ANC.

Considering the outrageous price, mind a comparison to an audiophile headphone in the ~$500 range?

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #17 of 29
Just FYI, the press statement I got says the MSRP for these is 399 USD.  This website here: http://www.speedgear.com/product/ferrari-cavallino-t350-audio-headphones has them at that price as well.  I have no idea why the Ferrari Store has them ridiculously marked up :p  Whatever reason, the speedgear website is an authorized dealer since they are linked here: http://www.ferrari-by-logic3.com/storelocator

That said, if you couldn't tell by my avatar...  
 ​

My full review should actually be released tomorrow, I've had these for the past couple of weeks.  I don't feel these are worth 400 bucks though, but do sound decently good :)  I just wish they worked in passive mode, I'd be a little happier if they did :p  

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #19 of 29
How does the branding work? I mean what is the target segment here?

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:
How does the branding work? I mean what is the target segment here?

This is actually a good question.  The headphones were clearly designed to be flashy from the consumer standpoint.  But the Ferrari branding most likely brings out an idea of performance.  I honestly have no clue who the target market would be.  My only assumption would be a Ferrari enthusiast (or car enthusiast in general).  

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #21 of 29
Is it worth the price?  Well that's for you to decide.  Ferrari branded shirts are a LOT more money than one from the GAP.  If you like the brand and the look of their products, then this is for you.  These headphones certainly doesn't sound bad.  The overall design, build quality and comfort is a lot better than some at similar price.  Yes, I do wish it worked in passive mode but it's not really a deal breaker for me.  Review to come.

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:
Is it worth the price?  Well that's for you to decide.

I'd argue (though it's common sense) that it's up to the reviewer to help the buyer decide. Given that you received the headphones from the people that made them, your current approach of marketing rather than reviewing is draining the credibility of this thread as a source of information on which to base the decision of purchase.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:
It's for people like me who can't afford a Ferrari car. :)

Maybe, as I only drives a GT-R so what do I know.  I just ordered a pair of T350 along with the T150i as I got the code from their online store private sale, and let see how will it compare to the V-moda M-100. Can't wait.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #24 of 29
My manager brought in the whole ferrari line into our store. I wasn't too thrilled, but here's something funny; these 499$ cavallino actually have a better freq response than sennheiser momentums to my ears. Surprisingly balanced.

They don't quite image the same though. Still definitely not a headphone I would get

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 11, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #25 of 29
I'd argue (though it's common sense) that it's up to the reviewer to help the buyer decide. Given that you received the headphones from the people that made them, your current approach of marketing rather than reviewing is draining the credibility of this thread as a source of information on which to base the decision of purchase.

Thanks for you interest in a review. I'm working on it. I can't comment much until the review is out. Otherwise it would be pointless to write one. So far, I am impressed by how good these sound.

I think these headphones are targeted towards people who buys Ferrari T-shirts and accessories. I was at my local Ferrari store today and I had no idea they made all kinds Ferrari branded stuff. They had the entire Ferrari headphones line on display and for sale. Too bad the sales people there didn't know anything about them.

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #26 of 29
Although they do look tempting i don't recommend them. There are a lot of headphones you could buy for $500. For example... A Lamborghini (Ferrari but looks 10x cooler) cell phone costs $13,000. And all it is is a Nokia with the Lamborghini insignia and a fancy box. Not saying they aren't good quality headphones. But the Ferrari insignia costs more than the headphones. (Beats by dre all over again)

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #27 of 29
Just had a quick listen to the P200. Deafeningly loud and very impactfull bass (played via an iPhone5). Highs and mids sounded very pronounced and in my face (it probably was the techno track the guy played for me with thumping bass and screechy electronic sound). It was listed in the Harvey Norman store at AUD$349, the sales guy offered it to me (without me even asking for a discount) at $279, which means any Ausy buyers can squeeze the price a bit more if they are interested.

I will be going back with my reference gear to have a proper listen and comparison later :) Initial thoughts. Build was stellar (Genuine Leather, carbon fibre looking plastic and metal ). The guy in the store said that the leather used are the same leather that they use in the Ferrari factory for their car interior upholstery. Very comfy on the head. The cable was a bit flimsy looking though, and it looked like it was removable. The guy in the store gave me his iphone with a track playing for me to have a listen, as i didn't take mine, or even walk to the store with the intention of listening to any headphones. I actually walked in looking for an oven as our oven popped this morning and saw this as i walked in to the electronics section.

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #28 of 29
Does anyone knows what that button above the on-off switch does for the T350?  It is not listed in the documentations, but I guess it controls the noise cancelling function?

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #29 of 29
Okay here it is and I'll keep it really short. The store I visited only had the P200 and below models and the opinions I express are for the P200 only. Bottom line, it's perfect for it's intended mobile listening purpose. It looks like a closed unit, but if you look closer, you'll see openings on the out edges of the cups, so it does leak sound in and out, but not as bad as fully open headsets like Grado's. It's built very well. Style and color depends on personal preference I guess. Frankly, I wouldn't dare wear the Ferrari red version outside without feeling like a complete idiot, but that's just my opinion. It comes with three removable cables (one has iphone controls), an adapter for the larger headphone jacks and a cool carbon fiber looking case with a nice Ferrari badge stuck on it.

I can confirm that this is a proper bass-heads headphone (in comparison to my Beyerdynamic DT770 32Ohm LE). It's right on par with the Beyer with more forward mids I must say. This is not the kind of headphone one would use for critical listening. It lacks detail and resolution, but then again, if you are out and about, with background noise, etc I doubt that one would be able to concentrate enough to experience that level of detail.

I used many songs for listening. But the short list of what I liked through these are
1. Bass mechaniks - Bass I love you (This set produces proper sub bass, just like the Beyerdynamic DT770s)
2. Babyface - When can I see you (percussion sounds fuller thanks to it's more forward mids than the Beyer)
3. Eric Clapton - Layla (live version) - This is what I meant by "lack of resolution". Compared to my Grado GS1000i. The guitar reverbs weren't satisfying, but the grado's are almost 4 times the price.

Even the Beyer's have slightly more detail in the guitar notes (the organic crackle sound you hear sometimes is lacking in the P200). Would I take it over the similarly priced Beyer? No :)

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back