Excited about my Order!
Oct 15, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #16 of 24
UPDATE: Just posted out my 701s and they shoudl get to new york by friday. Hoping I will have the headphones next week (wednesday thursday). After that its just waiting on the blackgates to get there.

Cheers,
Dave

Oct 29, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #18 of 24
nice... I'll be getting my esw10jpns next week - and I just sold K701s
wink.gif

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #19 of 24
Nice! Keep us posted when you have laid your hands on it...

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #20 of 24
UPDATE: I got them yesternight, they came nicely packed and boy does the craftsmenship show! Here are some impressions after a few hours last night and this morning (and Jacob likes to burn in the cables before he sends them out).

They sound great! The familiar 701 sound seems to have been improved slightly overall, it seems a bit clearer, with the already liquid mids emphasized a bit more. The major improvement is definitely the bass. I can feel and hear the beats in rap songs, but overall in rock and jazz it seems more pronounced, but still very articulate. My music choices are also varying from when they were stock, I used to listen to a lot of jazz and acoustic, now I find they still sound great with Krall and Cole but I am also listening to some rap and metal bands such as All That Remains.

Just a brief synopsis, I will be putting up pictures of the phones soon and a much more indepth review when I get the amp and interconnect.

If anyone has not used the cardas plug (1.4th) it looks awesome, kind of a juggernaut but very official and sturdy looking. The cable is nicely flexible but much heavier than stock, not too heavy though.

Special Thanks to Jacob over at Soloz Audio!

Cheers,
Dave

Nov 1, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #23 of 24
Looks like a nice re-cable job.
Not too found of that golden plug though. A black one would have blend in with the cable a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back