Excited about my Order!
Oct 1, 2008 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

myinitialsaredac

1000+ Head-Fier
Over the course of a large number of e-mails with Jacob over at Soloz Audio,

I have placed an order for my k701 to be recabled to dual-entry with cardas wire and a cardas plug.
k701smile.gif

Also in that order I am getting a boutique Millet Max with blackgates and vit-qs all wired up with cardas magnet wire in teflon, and cardas rca ins.
And to top it off a boutique mini-rca cable with cardas wire, cardas rcas and a switchcraft right angle mini.

Very Excited.
Will post a fairly detailed review/impressions in two to three weeks after about 300-400 hours of listening.

UPDATE: Got the 701s yesternight, and they were burned in by Jacob for a day before they arrived and have already maybe 12 hours on them from my end. Initial impressions are that they sound great! The familiar 701 sound seems to have been improved slightly overall, it seems a bit clearer, with the already liquid mids emphasized a bit more. The major improvement is definitely the bass. I can feel and hear the beats in rap songs, but overall in rock and jazz it seems more pronounced, but still very articulate. My music choices are also varying from when they were stock, I used to listen to a lot of jazz and acoustic, now I find they still sound great with Krall and Cole but I am also listening to some rap and metal bands such as All That Remains.

Just a brief synopsis, I will be putting up a much more indepth review when I get the amp and interconnect.

If anyone has not used the cardas plug (1.4th) it looks awesome, kind of a juggernaut but very official and sturdy looking. The cable is nicely flexible but much heavier than stock, not too heavy though.

Special Thanks to Jacob over at Soloz Audio!

As promised, here are some pictures:
dsc0200xh6.jpg

(The 701s in all their glory)
dsc0198rh5.jpg

(The awesome Cardas 1/4th plug)
dsc0199kk0.jpg

(The trademark)

Cheers,
beerchug.gif

Dave
biggrin.gif

(p.s. I do not wish to discuss the wiring argument in this thread and yes I believe I went a lil' overboard with all this Cardas nonsense
tongue.gif
)

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 24
Awesome man! Getting excited over something is usually half the fun. I spend a ton of time agonizing over how my next upgrade should go, planning, looking around, and finally getting something. It's just so fun!

Although, how you're going to get 300 hours of listening in within 3 weeks baffles me.

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 24
Thanks for the vote of comfidence that ill last a month aaron =D.

Tridacnid,
I plan to get them in two to three weeks, and allow burn in and comparison time of 300-400 hours (blackgates need some settling time) and thereby i can remove the factor of excitement and non-burned in equipment for the review, because if I were to write one currently it would be psychoacoustics to the moon.

Also forgot to mention the rca ins on the amp are definitely cardas also =D.

Dave

Oct 2, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by myinitialsaredac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the vote of comfidence that ill last a month aaron =D.

Tridacnid,
I plan to get them in two to three weeks, and allow burn in and comparison time of 300-400 hours (blackgates need some settling time) and thereby i can remove the factor of excitement and non-burned in equipment for the review, because if I were to write one currently it would be psychoacoustics to the moon.

Also forgot to mention the rca ins on the amp are definitely cardas also =D.

Dave

Have you checked my profile? All that happened over the course of 4.5 months.
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bicycle (ie no engine)

My parents wouldn't let me have a motorcycle, otherwise a HD Nightrod would be sitting in my garage.

Regardless, I'll still buy a motorbike when I move out.
biggrin.gif

start slow - I nearly killed myself when I tried R1 for the first time.

Grab a crappy old 250cc to start with - something that you can beat the living .... out of. Then move up - Litre on a bike is quite different from a litre on cars
wink.gif

Also remember that your body is protecting the metal - not the other way around
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back