Excellent portable headphones for those of us...phobic of sticking things in your ear canal. ;)
Jan 22, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #17 of 19
The K81's came in yesterday, and I've been burning them in for about 30 hours now. Gave them a little listen for a few minutes.

The bass doesn't reach down as far as the HD280 Pro, but it is damn overtly present. A bit too much. But I have to say, for most classical/orchestral music it's actually a very nice (though completely inaccurate) mix.

The mids are sort of...not there, which actually if I were to compare these headphones to anything it would be a decent audio system that comes with a mid-range car. They're boomy, the highs are there, the mids are sort of there. They're not accurate but they're fun.

Comfort is a slight issue, but even on my large head it doesn't bother all too much.

Overall I think these will be keepers, once I do some modifications. If nothing else they have the most unique flavor I've come across so far. So I will take out that inner foam and maybe switch to the HD25 Velour pads.

The Yuin OK2's haven't arrived yet, but if they're good...I might keep those as well. I can actually see two very different applications for both sets, as I am both in very noisy environments (K81), but need the ultra-light weight and low profile of the OK2's as well.

So who knows
smily_headphones1.gif

Are the velour pads easy to put on? Is the foam on the inside easy to take out? I could see myself easily ripping this thing. Any tips/advice would be nice.

Jan 22, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #18 of 19
Sony MDR NC40 would be best for you, i think.

Jan 22, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #19 of 19
For around 100 you can get a denon d1001 or ath-es7~ ^ ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back