Excellent cables on Ebay...
Oct 29, 2007 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

milagu

Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I just wanted to give a very positive plug for John Wood on Ebay (user ID "heels-6")... he sells custom made cables using top-quality parts and excellent workmanship. I got a 15 FOOT 1/4" headphone extension using Belden cable and Neutrik connectors with optional techflex for $40. Without techflex the cable is only $25! Everything is soldered with WBT fine silver solder.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZheels-6

If you want he'll even make you special cables/converters... For $22 he made me a foot long 1/8" male to 1/4" female converter cable /w techflex for use with my amp. Turn around was only a few days, most of which was his waiting on the 1/8" connector to arrive.

I'll say again... the workmanship is first-class. I asked him if he might want some more orders, he said sure, so i'm trying to help him out on here!

Feel free to send him a message on Ebay if you have any ?s...

Peace!

Michael

Oct 29, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #2 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by milagu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a 15" 1/4" headphone extension using Belden cable and Neutrik connectors with optional techflex for $40. Without techflex the cable is only $25! Everything is soldered with WBT fine silver solder.

So wait, he charged you $15 for 15" of Techflex?

Oct 29, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So wait, he charged you $15 for 15" of Techflex?

At first I thought it seemed expensive too, but 25 ft of Techflex is $7 + S&H on Partsexpress. Then you have to figure that he has to thread 15 ft of very flexible wire thru it, which can't be far short of a pain in the a**. I figured parts + effort = $~15...

Overall, $40 for the cable is a bargain in my opinion. It's going to be dragging around the floor, so I wanted the protection. Sure it's more profitable for him than the $25 cable, but it is still cheap for what it is. As good a value as the $25 cable? Of course not.

Oct 29, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by milagu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At first I thought it seemed expensive too, but 25 ft of Techflex is $7 + S&H on Partsexpress. Then you have to figure that he has to thread 15 ft of very flexible wire thru it, which can't be far short of a pain in the a**. I figured parts + effort = $~15...

Overall, $40 for the cable is a bargain in my opinion. It's going to be dragging around the floor, so I wanted the protection. Sure it's more profitable for him than the $25 cable, but it is still cheap for what it is. As good a value as the $25 cable? Of course not.

Techflex can be had for 25c/foot.

And it takes 2 minutes to thread it through, tape the wires to a clothes hanger, push the clothes hanger through the sleeve. and your done.

Oct 29, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What size of clothes hanger are you talking about?

Regular metal ones.

Used this method to sleeve computer power supplies.

Oct 29, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #7 of 27
Jeez guys... $15 difference or not, the fact remains that for this level of quality $40 is dirt cheap. If it disturbs you, focus on the $25 cost of the regular (yet functionally identical) cable.

Just pointing it out for those looking for cheap alternatives that aren't of much (if at all) lesser quality than those $100-200 offerings from other cable makers.

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #8 of 27
I agree with Milagu. Not everyone is handy or has the time to do these things. Plus a guy is entitled to make a profit for his time and labor!

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by pageman99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with Milagu. Not everyone is handy or has the time to do these things. Plus a guy is entitled to make a profit for his time and labor!

True, but how come BJC can apparently make a profit while only charging $1/foot for Techflex?

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, but how come BJC can apparently make a profit while only charging $1/foot for Techflex?

Well being that this guy on ebay is charging $15 for techflex on a 15' cable...that's only $1/ft too!
rolleyes.gif

milagu that's a good find there man. Looks like great cables at good prices
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bjornboy81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well being that this guy on ebay is charging $15 for techflex on a 15' cable...that's only $1/ft too!
rolleyes.gif

milagu that's a good find there man. Looks like great cables at good prices
smily_headphones1.gif

It was a 15 INCH cable.

Oct 30, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #12 of 27
ebay link says 15 FOOT. milagu miss typed " instead of '. I guess no one actually checked out the link...

Oct 30, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinal Tap
David: I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object.

Ian: I really think you're just making a much too big thing out of it.

Derek: Making a big thing out of it would've been a good idea.

Ian: Nigel gave me a drawing that said eighteen inches. Alright?

David: I know he did, and that's what I'm talking about.

Ian: Now, whether he knows the difference between feet and inches is not my problem. I do what I'm told.

David: But you're not as confused as him are you? I mean it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel is.

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bjornboy81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ebay link says 15 FOOT. milagu miss typed " instead of '. I guess no one actually checked out the link...

He linked to the ebay seller's page. Not a specific product. So yeah, what does the link have to prove when it isn't to one product?

He said he bought a 15" cable.

So unless he says different, why assume different?

Oct 30, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He linked to the ebay seller's page. Not a specific product. So yeah, what does the link have to prove when it isn't to one product?

He said he bought a 15" cable.

So unless he says different, why assume different?

A 15 inch headphone extension would be pretty damn useless, I feel safe assuming that he mistyped.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back