Exactly how many Ue-10 Pro owners exist on Head-Fi?
Apr 7, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #46 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumin500
eggosmile.gif
you guys are so rich~

Nope. Just heavily in debt, in my case.

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #48 of 72
yeah I got some

Apr 10, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #49 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
I think 15 is undercounting.

From my memory, I am going to add few

Nomad, JetLag, chrisfromalbany, utdeep, BigD, iamdone, ScubaSteve87, root, MarcusH, JMcMasterJ, GordonHo, vnwn, Bigtrouble77, nsx_23, misaki206, ainfle, and more...

Please correct me if I am wrong.

wave.gif

i personally know 13 UE10 users in HK (should now be more than that), but i don't know they are all head-fier or not~
tongue.gif

May 15, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #51 of 72
I got a set (clear with clear cable). A friend threw mine and one broke. UE fixed them for free! I was afraid that they were going to be $$$ to fix.

Yeah where is the original review of them? Also, how did you get them and others for free?! I am so jealous. I would love to try the UE-5pro.

Sorry haven't posted in a while. Everytime I do I end up spending more money on something that I totally don't need but totally end up loving.

Set up

4G - Nano (Black)
Portophile V2 amp
UE-10 pro (Clear)

Goes with me EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE.

May 15, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #52 of 72
Mine have broken twice and I just got them back. Generally they send them back real quick when getting servicing but don't always get back to your emails.

Generally I am happy with headphones and the service.

May 15, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #53 of 72
I will be looking at these IEMs vs the new Shures, I use the Ety ER6 and Shure e4c without too much trouble. I do have sensitive ear canals though, and can get some pain and or a headache if I use them too long. (or is that just the plane/car ride?)

1) Are the UE-10s cleanable? I seem to have to clean out the earpieces, even thoughI try and keep my ears clean (qtips after showers)(heh, I'm a doctor, I'm allowed)

2) How comfortable are they, and do they get hot in hot weather. It is not cool down here on the gulf coast during the summer.

Still deciding on what IEM upgrade to get. I used to really love my previous ER4 and the e4c, but now that I listen to my higher end earphones a lot, they are not really cutting it.

Thanks in advance for your comments. They do seem to be popular, and "ultimate"

May 15, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #54 of 72
Don't know what you mean by cleanable. But the openings are large enough that you can use a small paper clip to remove whatever gets in there. The plastic design on the outside allows yout o use alcohol pads to clean the outside easily. I have not had any trouble with "dirt" in the tubes. I clean mine almost daily.

I did not notice any "heat" in the summer time. I have them in clear so you can see the parts on the inside and didn't notice my ears getting hot in the summer time. They are not heat magnets unless you are laying the sun trying to get a tan.

I haven't tried the new E500 yet but I am very pleased with my UE-10's. I also like the design versus the Pro-5. I was never able to keep my E3's in my ear or any other earphone (the iPod buds). I have smallish ears so the keep falling out the minute I move my body. The UE-10's don't move. You can even sleep on a plane with them. Plus you can remove the cord from the buds and use them as plain earplugs (albiet expensive earplugs).

Hope this helps.

May 16, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #55 of 72
I do have to keep pushing on my e4cs while wearing them. ipod buds do fall off, and if I manage not to move and they stay on, they are quite painful. I had not considered it, but I guess I fall into the small ear category.

Another pointer to customs. I suppose. I guess I wait and see how the 500s turn out though, I bet a custom solution for those will be available. I find though, that if I don't just get the better of whatever I am looking at, I always regret saving a few dollars. ( this being a bit more than a couple though)

May 16, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #56 of 72
The design of the 500's is similar to the E5's. I used to have a set and know that they stay in the ear MUCH better than than the E4's so I don't think you will have to worry about the fit or the expense of custom.

I would like to hear the 500's to see how they stack up against the UE-10pro. My only gripe about the UE-10 is that I would like a pinch more bass. Otherwise I couldn't be happier with them.

Jun 19, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #57 of 72
UE10PRO owner since June 17 2004. Folks from UE remade me phones on 10 June 2006 at no cost!!! I've changed color from clear to black and casing from soft to hard.

Jul 2, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #59 of 72
I have been enjoying my Sensaphonics for at least more than a year now. I was planning to get UE-10 Pro in December when I will be in California on transit few days. But reading about E500 really made me confused whether UE-10 Pro is worth the trouble and money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back