Exactly how many Ue-10 Pro owners exist on Head-Fi?
Sep 7, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #64 of 72
I bit the bullet on these customs, and very glad I did. Very comfortable, and the sound is just great.

Clear/Clear

Sep 7, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #65 of 72
I got mine yesterday
k1000smile.gif

Sep 15, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #66 of 72
I have had the UE-10 Pros for about a year and a half. They are clear with the clear cable, which is rather green now. i'm thinking of replacing with a black cord.

i really like the sound quality, but i'm still having little issues with fit/comfort. in the first months of ownership i returned them to UE twice for fit modifications that largely fixed my issues. i'm considering sending them back once more.

has anyone had a refit done a while later?

cheers,
phil

Sep 15, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #67 of 72
I know that a significant weight loss or gain can cause problems with the fit of the 10 pro (and other customs as well).
Just ask UE if they would still refit them for free.

Sep 15, 2006 at 2:28 PM Post #68 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoPhil
I have had the UE-10 Pros for about a year and a half. They are clear with the clear cable, which is rather green now. i'm thinking of replacing with a black cord.

i really like the sound quality, but i'm still having little issues with fit/comfort. in the first months of ownership i returned them to UE twice for fit modifications that largely fixed my issues. i'm considering sending them back once more.

has anyone had a refit done a while later?

cheers,
phil

They just remade mine about a month ago, I'll have had them for a year on the 28th. Since they decided to make a whole new pair rather than touch up the old ones, I even got to pick a new color (blood red), they look so sweet now and fit (and sound) much better.

Sep 19, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #69 of 72
I just ordered my (clear-clear) UE-10's yesterday and I'm sending the impressions out today. I should have them in a week.

I would not consider myself anything close to an audiophile, I simply enjoy music. I enjoy detail in music and listen to loss-less as much as possible.

I went the IEM route mainly to protect my hearing. I have a real problem with ambient noise and I find I must greatly increase volume to overcome ambient noise. I have a pair of Shures which take care of any ambient noise but after 5 minutes they become extremely painful, so custom is a requirement.

I decided on the UE-10's because I value quality, my hearing, and I would forever wonder how truelly exceptional the UE-10's sound (or so all the reviews rave).

I have also ordered a Hornet to pair with the UE-10's

Dan

Oct 3, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #70 of 72
I just received my UE-10's today. It took 7 business days from the day UE received my ear impressions.

FITMENT:

Fitment is absolutely perfect, though a good 8 hours of constant wear will be the true test.

THE SOUND:

My experience with good headphones is very limited. And I don't consider myself much of an audiophile, but I love hearing detail. My home theater uses a NAD 763 receiver, NHT subs w/NHT amps, Orb satellite's for movies and Klipsch 20's for music. I really enjoy the Klipsch's because the the horns give a very bright sound.

The UE-10's are definitely flat, which I find perfect. While I like the brightness of my floor speakers, for me, flat is perfect for IEM's.

So with all that.. the UE-10's are simply the most clear IEM's or headphones I have ever heard. I am astounded by the detail I now hear.

My test music has been Moxy Fruvous, Cowboy Junkies, Garbage, Gershwin Plays Gershwin - The Piano Rolls, Loudon Wainwright III, Devo, Les Claypool and Spyro Gyra.

TO-DO:

1) I have not used the UE-10's with my Hornet yet. I want to be sure I comfortable with the new sound before trying to hear a difference when using the Hornet.

2) I may need to replace my Creative Zen MicroPhoto. Mechanica/electrical l type sounds from the Zen are heard in a very silent passages. I think a Cowon is in my future especially since I want to be able to make my FLAC files portable.

Many thanks for those on the forum, I found the reviews very helpful in making my decision. That's all for now.

Dan

Nov 30, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #71 of 72
I just got my UE-10 Pro today. Man are they awesome! The vocals are clear as ever and I feel like I'm seeing the artist sing at an exclusive lounge. Instrument separation and soundstage are also extremely impressive. And oh my god, the BASS!! It goes much deeper and more impact than the Shure e500!

So far I've listened to about an hour's worth and I'm loving every minute of it! My portable rig is now complete!! (Hopefully...
evil_smiley.gif
)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the fit is perfect! I can't even feel them right now!

Dec 1, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #72 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my UE-10 Pro today. Man are they awesome! The vocals are clear as ever and I feel like I'm seeing the artist sing at an exclusive lounge. Instrument separation and soundstage are also extremely impressive. And oh my god, the BASS!! It goes much deeper and more impact than the Shure e500!

So far I've listened to about an hour's worth and I'm loving every minute of it! My portable rig is now complete!! (Hopefully...
evil_smiley.gif
)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the fit is perfect! I can't even feel them right now!

Yay, I'm happy you're enjoying them so much
smily_headphones1.gif

They just sent me the courtesy email saying my impressions have been accepted by the lab, and mine will ship in about 10 days.

I, can't, wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back