EVGA Nu Audio soundcard
Feb 17, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #106 of 259
Hi,
I have an Asus STX II and an EVGA NU Audio sound card in my audio pc (both with linear low noisy power supply).
The sound of the Asus STX II soundcard definitely better than EVGA NU Audio card sound. STX II sound very detailed, open, airy, the sound stage huge, vocal vivid, the sound real and musical. No question for me the Asus far better.

Any chance u tried replacing the op-amp of the Nu audio card with the Sparkos or MUSE op amps found on your STX II? I think the Nu audio's default op amps are holding it back

Feb 17, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #107 of 259
Any chance u tried replacing the op-amp of the Nu audio card with the Sparkos or MUSE op amps found on your STX II? I think the Nu audio's default op amps are holding it back
We posted a number of compatible op-amps over at our forum, along with charts for many of them. The selection and testing was done by Audio Note, (UK). Keep in mind that these were tested with the NU Audio Pro card, but I'm sure you'll find it useful:

https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-NU-Audio-Pro-Certified-Opamp-Rolling-List-m3027421.aspx

Edit: Forgot the link, lol.

Mar 2, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #108 of 259
We posted a number of compatible op-amps over at our forum, along with charts for many of them. The selection and testing was done by Audio Note, (UK). Keep in mind that these were tested with the NU Audio Pro card, but I'm sure you'll find it useful:

https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-NU-Audio-Pro-Certified-Opamp-Rolling-List-m3027421.aspx

Edit: Forgot the link, lol.

Thank you for the reply Lee. Is there any chance u have the info for the power rating from 32 ohms to 600 for the headphone output for the Nu audio pro?

Cheers!

Jun 6, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #110 of 259
I'm not only think, I know it, because I have heard it... :)
I was skepical also, when I heard about it first time, I said: nice fairy tale...
After the tests I didn't believe in my ears firs time, second time.....but this is. I always involve my wife in the tests (to avoid bias), and she had a same opinion.

The risk is not too high. Buy an STX II, try it and the worse case senario that you will sell it...
I was very happy because I have saved lots of money with STXII. (but basically it was not a financial question, but looking for always the better sound).
But seriously if I get STX II and apply no mods is it that good. I mean If I simply unbox it and plug it into the system will it be that good. And what about Gaming. Is STX II good for gaming as well.

Jun 7, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #111 of 259
Im eyeing some Burson Audio V6 Vivids for my card. This card has been reason enough to not change for mitx for factor because if just sound to damn good even if that means i gatta make my pc build a bit bigger

Jun 7, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #112 of 259
But seriously if I get STX II and apply no mods is it that good. I mean If I simply unbox it and plug it into the system will it be that good. And what about Gaming. Is STX II good for gaming as well.
Yes, I use the STX II in my hifi system. I don’t know how good for gaming, because I have never tested.

Jun 7, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #113 of 259
I don’t know because I have sold my NU Audio card after 2 weeks. I’m very happy with my STXII. 🙂

Jun 8, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #114 of 259
I don’t know because I have sold my NU Audio card after 2 weeks. I’m very happy with my STXII. 🙂
How is surround on STXII.
Don't know if you use a mic or not. But if you do can it drive bit demanding mic like Rode Podmic 320ohm while driving headphone with 300ohm impedance
And also I think there is no electrical noise issue.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #115 of 259
How is surround on STXII.
Don't know if you use a mic or not. But if you do can it drive bit demanding mic like Rode Podmic 320ohm while driving headphone with 300ohm impedance
And also I think there is no electrical noise issue.
If you mean the surround=soundstage, than it is a big advantage of STX II compare to my previous system (in case of stereo music).
If you mean surround=7.1 card to STXII than I don’t know because I use a Yamaha CX A5100 processor for movie (I have an Atmos setup).
I use microphone to measure the acuostic parameters (SPL, RT60) of my listening room but it is a Umik-1 USB microphone (I use REW and Rephase software’s). I try to avoid the STX II microphone connection, because in this case you have to calibrate it. My USB microphe connected to the mainboard USB slot.
For movie calibration I use the Yamaha microphone of course.
My AR-H1 headphone works well also with STXII, but I don’t know how much Ohm it is.
Electrical noise is not problem because I have a Audio Pc with low noise linear power supply. I have 7pcs linear power supplies in my PC so e.g. the 12V and 5V goes from separate power supply units to the STXII.

Jun 8, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #116 of 259
If you mean the surround=soundstage, than it is a big advantage of STX II compare to my previous system (in case of stereo music).
If you mean surround=7.1 card to STXII than I don’t know because I use a Yamaha CX A5100 processor for movie (I have an Atmos setup).
I use microphone to measure the acuostic parameters (SPL, RT60) of my listening room but it is a Umik-1 USB microphone (I use REW and Rephase software’s). I try to avoid the STX II microphone connection, because in this case you have to calibrate it. My USB microphe connected to the mainboard USB slot.
For movie calibration I use the Yamaha microphone of course.
My AR-H1 headphone works well also with STXII, but I don’t know how much Ohm it is.
Electrical noise is not problem because I have a Audio Pc with low noise linear power supply. I have 7pcs linear power supplies in my PC so e.g. the 12V and 5V goes from separate power supply units to the STXII.
Please can you test out the STXII 7.1 surround system using AR-H1. Any movie. I know it will definitely not even be near to your Atmos setup but just want to know if it does it to some extent or is it flat out bad.

Jun 8, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #117 of 259
Please can you test out the STXII 7.1 surround system using AR-H1. Any movie. I know it will definitely not even be near to your Atmos setup but just want to know if it does it to some extent or is it flat out bad.
I do not have 7.1 movie card for STXII.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back