Everyone was right warning new users
May 31, 2010 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Freeze

500+ Head-Fier
There should be a disclaimer on this site. Warning joining this site has a high potential to be very damaging to your bank account. Before I came here I was happy with my 300 dollars of portable audio equipment, now i got plans for different amps different dacs different players different headphones this is quickly turned into multiple thousands of dollars. #!&# you head-fi!!!!!!!!

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #2 of 31
Wow you've been here one month... You got infected pretty fast.
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #4 of 31
300?

I've been here 2 weeks, I'm out let's see... 75 + 110 + 130 + 17 + 95 + 150= 577. Won't say what they are but needless to say they're all music related, and people who I bought form on this from should be able to see their number in there
tongue_smile.gif
. I still need to buy a pa2v2 which will probably be another 40-50. You think you're in pain, I'm a grad student, that's half a month's pay.

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #5 of 31
Curse you, Head-Fi!

By the way, spiffy new look to the forums!

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #6 of 31
I personally like the new addiction.
atsmile.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #8 of 31
Quote:
There should be a disclaimer on this site. Warning joining this site has a high potential to be very damaging to your bank account.

what, you didn't get the standard greeting, "Welcome to Head-fi. Sorry about your wallet." ? strange, everyone else seems to get it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #9 of 31
I didn't think it would happen to me but now I am looking at some Beyers and a amp on the way with maybe a new DAC for portability it just sound so good I cant help it. Not even a month in and $500 spent.

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #10 of 31
I came here looking for $150 headphones.

First 3 months, I spend over $1300. However, I've been really happy with my stuff, so I haven't had a need to upgrade...yet.

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #12 of 31

It can get scary. the problem is something new always comes out, and when something takes off like wild fire with a lot of praise. well the wallet starts to cry again. Cheers and welcome to the forum. Have fun my friend and enjoy the never ending journey.
Quote:
I didn't think it would happen to me but now I am looking at some Beyers and a amp on the way with maybe a new DAC for portability it just sound so good I cant help it. Not even a month in and $500 spent.

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #13 of 31
Quote:
 Not complaining though. well maybe the wallet sometimes is.

Quote:
It can get scary. the problem is something new always comes out, and when something takes off like wild fire with a lot of praise. well the wallet starts to cry again.

welcome to the forum for wallet sadists (as i'm sure so many hobbyist forums are)!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back