Everyone, please post. Where do you mostly use your phones?
Jun 27, 2001 at 2:30 PM Post #16 of 37
Mostly home. I don't have time to listen to music until the kids are in bed, and I can't fire up a stereo because it will wake them up.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
So, it's headphones or nothing.

Jun 27, 2001 at 3:52 PM Post #17 of 37
If i am not reading, practicing music, shootin hoops, eatin, sleepin, or "vegetatin" (general term for school, TV, etc.) then i am listening......

I voted for "both" portably and home, since ALMOST all my listening is done off of my portable CD player, which i use ALMOST exclusively at home.....strange? yes.......

Jun 29, 2001 at 6:30 AM Post #18 of 37
Every night after the wife and kids go to bed. It's my time. The rack lights up, the 580s or the 225s come out and I sit in my recliner, lean all the way back and always have the remote to the CDP nearby.

When I am traveling on business, I always pack the CT480, my portable amp, my MX500s and about 5 - 10 CDs depending on the duration of the trip.

Jul 2, 2001 at 10:59 PM Post #19 of 37
I mostly use my headphones on my head (at work)
smily_headphones1.gif

Whenever I fly the Etys go with me so I do some listening portably but the majority is at work - luckily it is not frowned upon around here!!!

Jul 2, 2001 at 11:44 PM Post #20 of 37
I would imagine that you'd get fired at Headroom if you didn't use your headphones. Tyll probably goes around with a pair of cheap sony's and if he sees someone not wearing headphones he says, "well, I see you don't have any headphones! Here, use these!"
wink.gif

Jul 3, 2001 at 10:32 PM Post #22 of 37
In the office (which is at home) when I'm working. mostly. Though sometimes I'll switch the PC off and listen for listening's sake.

Jul 3, 2001 at 11:26 PM Post #24 of 37
Both (Home/Office) but not much portably.

HD600 + Corda at home late at night when I want to really listen to music.

SR-125 or HD570 + DIY Linkwitz at work for 2-3 hours per day while I write C++ code.

HD545 for television/movies/gaming if it's late and I don't want to wake the wife/kids.

I have KSC-35's for portable use but I haven't used them much at all really. I don't like to listen to music while I jog, go figure.

Dec 28, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #26 of 37

Users who are viewing this thread

Back