everybody is selling their A900s?
May 26, 2005 at 12:25 AM Post #16 of 29
someone needs to draw up a graph of FOTM trends

huge buys followed by a plateu, followed by huge sells, followed bya low plateu, followed by small-moderate buys and not much more selling

May 26, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #17 of 29
I think the simple fact is that pretty much every headphone goes through a phase of being flavor of the month. There is no perfect headphone for everyone, so when a new headphone comes out, some people like it and some don't. The only difference is that at the beginning there are a large amount of people buying these cans, so it seems like a lot of people are selling them as well. It would be interesting to see what the percentages are of various headphones in regards to how many kept their them and how many sold them because they didn't like them.

May 26, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
As long as audiocubes is the only seller, at $200 they will continue to hold their value.

Garrett

Hi Garrett and anyone who is interested, Bluetin sells them at 183 USD. I don't think it includes s/h though.
cool.gif

May 26, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #19 of 29
The illuminati - I thought it was something like that.

Now that we have exposed this plot we are all dead men!

I do understand why all the ety 4ps are up for sale - and a few UM2s - 2 new competitors.

But the A900s? I guess a lot of people bought them last fall / winter due to postings here and now they are "old news" and being sold.

May 26, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldekelly

But the A900s? I guess a lot of people bought them last fall / winter due to postings here and now they are "old news" and being sold.

I think it happens, people tend to assume newer products (often the current FOTM) are automatically better than old-no-one-talks-about-now, or that the old just seems to not be "good" anymore . . . but I don't figure that to be the case. (could be though) People just sometimes sell their phones cause they want to try someone different, which I do quite a bit!

(as for old v new, just remember the r10, Orpheus, omega II, HP-1000s, etc
tongue.gif
)

May 26, 2005 at 11:44 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
someone needs to draw up a graph of FOTM trends

huge buys followed by a plateu, followed by huge sells, followed bya low plateu, followed by small-moderate buys and not much more selling

actually, afaik, the only headphone so far immune to fotm syndrome would be the k501.
wink.gif

May 26, 2005 at 12:00 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
actually, afaik, the only headphone so far immune to fotm syndrome would be the k501.
wink.gif

what about the "brown pads" thing ... i saw heaps of people lining up for the $129? deal "as long as they had the brown pads"

May 26, 2005 at 12:42 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
wink.gif

No, not even the K501s are immune...

...It was a good couple of years ago now, but - it DID happen...

As to the A900s, could be because they sound great on initial listening... but (imo) the sound gets thinner / more fatuiging with continued use...

May 26, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan

As to the A900s, could be because they sound great on initial listening... but (imo) the sound gets thinner / more fatuiging with continued use...

gasp!
eek.gif

May 26, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

confused.gif
can you elaborate on that?

May 26, 2005 at 8:02 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
confused.gif
can you elaborate on that?

To me, from my long ago recollections, the lack of midrange just really grated on me (personally, and IMO) - and the bass, even with the 'DADS' system, never inspired me that much...

Doesn't mean they're not good, as i've said twice now in this thread, my opinions are exactly that... IMO...

May 26, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Actually I found the opposite. I found them supremely versatile and quite good for the money. And we had the same (i.e. physically the same) phones. We would have had different sources of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back