Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Jan 12, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #601 of 815
Last week I was able to compare the 2 streamers, Eversolo A6 Master Edition and A8 (out of box very new, not burned in).
Last but not least, I compared the devices with my AK240. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell the difference in sound. All 3 devices sound at a very high level. But there was no difference for me, whether bass or treble range, or even soundstage.
Unfortunately my very old Turntable (Thorens TD318 for 80€ :D with Dynavector DV20x2L) and Goldnote PH10 as Phonopreamp sounds a bit better (masterlu would say 1 district better :k701smile:, smoother and has more punch.

I really hoped that the 2024 devices would sound better than my AK240 from 2014, but that wasn't the case.
Why would it? did we just learn how to create high quality sounds in the last decade?

Jan 13, 2024 at 4:42 AM Post #602 of 815
If you want to save money, and don’t want to go for a A8, then A6 is the nxt best thing. You have the better amps and femto clocks. And later if you want to upgrade with a third party power supply that is possible to. Maybe not a A8 with AKM then, but hell of a good streamer.

A6 is quite noticable calmer and less sibilant in sound than the normal A6
A6 sibilant!!!! What chain do you use? I use A6 directly to my Klipsch the Fives (horn speaker!!!) and Sony SA-S1 (planar speaker!!!) and never get sibilance. If I stream to iFi iDSD Pro or TT2 - no sibilance. When using the chain for Arya, hd800s or Stax 007 mk2 I do not have any sibilance at all. The difference that I find vs the Master is that the Master has a bit, a bit laid back upper-mids and vocals are slightly calmer (pulled back). But when I introduce in the chain tube pre-amp presentation is easily changed in both directions via tube rolling or slight EQ

Jan 13, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #603 of 815
A6 sibilant!!!! What chain do you use? I use A6 directly to my Klipsch the Fives (horn speaker!!!) and Sony SA-S1 (planar speaker!!!) and never get sibilance. If I stream to iFi iDSD Pro or TT2 - no sibilance. When using the chain for Arya, hd800s or Stax 007 mk2 I do not have any sibilance at all. The difference that I find vs the Master is that the Master has a bit, a bit laid back upper-mids and vocals are slightly calmer (pulled back). But when I introduce in the chain tube pre-amp presentation is easily changed in both directions via tube rolling or slight EQ
Sibilant I made it a little worse than it reallys is, I actuall meant a little thin sounding (my mistake). And that is digital AND analogue. if you compare them, they have less stage, little colder sounding, less control. And with busy jazz tracks you hear noticable less control to keep the instruments apart. And a getting little messy with the seperation.

With the master that gets quite some better, more control, more musical, propably combination of different sounding opamps and femto clocks.

The A8 is on a whole other level, with that one the seperation of music, goes beyond the speakers. The a8 is digitial and analogue on a whole another level.

People can try to deny it, but the difference is quite noticble, but I listen on chord tt2 with mscaler, a musical fidelity m8xi and full martin logans esl, and on that set you won’t hide anything, good sounds bizar, and less is noticable.

On my headphone set with soloist 3 xrgt or my violectric 590 is is less noticable then on my full hifi set.

I use neither of them analogue, even the ak4493 dac in the hegel 590 sounded better than the a8 analague out.

I bought the a8 as a very good transport only. I loved the bigger brother 130 hifirose but I really hated the hifirose software, the eversolo app is spot on!! Easy, fast!

So I am not saying a6 is bad, it is amazing for the money!! Look af a hifirose 250, more than double the price!

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #605 of 815
Sibilant I made it a little worse than it reallys is, I actuall meant a little thin sounding (my mistake). And that is digital AND analogue. if you compare them, they have less stage, little colder sounding, less control. And with busy jazz tracks you hear noticable less control to keep the instruments apart. And a getting little messy with the seperation.

With the master that gets quite some better, more control, more musical, propably combination of different sounding opamps and femto clocks.

The A8 is on a whole other level, with that one the seperation of music, goes beyond the speakers. The a8 is digitial and analogue on a whole another level.

People can try to deny it, but the difference is quite noticble, but I listen on chord tt2 with mscaler, a musical fidelity m8xi and full martin logans esl, and on that set you won’t hide anything, good sounds bizar, and less is noticable.

On my headphone set with soloist 3 xrgt or my violectric 590 is is less noticable then on my full hifi set.

I use neither of them analogue, even the ak4493 dac in the hegel 590 sounded better than the a8 analague out.

I bought the a8 as a very good transport only. I loved the bigger brother 130 hifirose but I really hated the hifirose software, the eversolo app is spot on!! Easy, fast!

So I am not saying a6 is bad, it is amazing for the money!! Look af a hifirose 250, more than double the price!
That's a bit more fair judgement and the level of chain matters.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #606 of 815
Just moved my Schiit Bifrost 2/64 back to my 2 channel setup. I'm running Roon w/ Tidal -> Eversolo DMP-A6 -> AudioQuest JitterBug FMJ -> AudioQuest Carbon USB -> Bifrost 2/64. I think the Bifrost 2/64 is a significant improvement over the internal DAC of the DMP-A6 in my system. YMMV.

IMG_2462.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #607 of 815

1705228921777.jpeg

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #608 of 815
Jan 14, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #610 of 815
Hello guys, I currently own the A6 Master Edition (with LPS installed in it) and the latest A8.

Neither of them is being used as an all-in-one device, as I use my Fiio M17 as an external DAC (via SPDIF) with Topping A70 pro amp.

Probably I'm not a very critical listener and I easily get distracted during my "sessions", but my feeling is that I do not ear any difference between the two streamers (again, used as digital transport only). I was thinking of giving the A8 back and save those extra money, but I fear that I'll regret this in the future.

Is any of you having the same feeling about the two products, used as described? Are you able to appreciate the step-up in SQ?
I was already prepared to sell my A6 ME but i'm totally stuck now.

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #611 of 815
Hello guys, I currently own the A6 Master Edition (with LPS installed in it) and the latest A8.

Neither of them is being used as an all-in-one device, as I use my Fiio M17 as an external DAC (via SPDIF) with Topping A70 pro amp.

Probably I'm not a very critical listener and I easily get distracted during my "sessions", but my feeling is that I do not ear any difference between the two streamers (again, used as digital transport only). I was thinking of giving the A8 back and save those extra money, but I fear that I'll regret this in the future.

Is any of you having the same feeling about the two products, used as described? Are you able to appreciate the step-up in SQ?
I think, both the A6ME and A8 have better DAC section than the M17. Just use those instead of the DAP. And keep whichever EverSolo device sounds better for you.

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #612 of 815
Of course you don’t hear any difference in both as you are using them as digital transport, and using the FiiO M17 as DAC. But even using them through analog output, you would not hear any difference since they are totally transparent, with SINAD well above 100, which is beyond human hearing capabilities

Jan 14, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #613 of 815

What's your system/ chain, including how/what you feed your Eversolos?

Jan 14, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #615 of 815
My chain is the one described in my comment, the source is Roon Rock on an Intel NUC i5 (ethernet cabled to the router).
Cheers. And your headphones?

Does your system sound better with the Fiio acting as DAC vs the Eversolos, is that why it is still in play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back