Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Jan 7, 2024 at 5:11 AM Post #556 of 815
The streamer is exactly the same in the A6 and A6 Master. The difference is only some better-quality DAC components. If you are planning to use an external DAC, the normal A6 is enough for streaming. With the A8 it might be different, but I would only buy A8 if I was going to use its internal DAC. Which I am not interested in since I prefer R2R to d/s.
R2r is totally different sound, just like chord dacs.

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #558 of 815
And you should go go fish somewhere 😁
What is better, an A6+Gustard R26 or an A8?
different sound, can’t compare r2r tot regular dacs. The same as you can’t compare a chord dave or tt2+mscaler to a akm or sabre.

I don’t like r2r for the simple reason, yes the natural sound is nice, but at the cost of many micro details and clearness between busy music with instruments.

And which is better, I say A8 already only for the reason it looks nicer as a full size component.

But I dare you borrow a a8 for a few days listen to it connected digital to the r26 , and than return to the a6 with your gustard. But also try a dac like a tt2+mscaler. And don’t forget to use a high end amp like a hegel 390 or 590, or a AKM

With your opinion you would say the zen stream sounds the same, because it is digital out right?, and very clean Which it doesn’t.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #560 of 815
And you should go go fish somewhere 😁

different sound, can’t compare r2r tot regular dacs. The same as you can’t compare a chord dave or tt2+mscaler to a akm or sabre.

I don’t like r2r for the simple reason, yes the natural sound is nice, but at the cost of many micro details and clearness between busy music with instruments.

And which is better, I say A8 already only for the reason it looks nicer as a full size component.

But I dare you borrow a a8 for a few days listen to it connect it digital to the r26 , and than return to the a6 with your gustard
So the A8 is better because it looks nicer? Many thanks

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #566 of 815
In fact I have measured my LR response with REW and an Umik-1, generated filters and uploaded to the PEQ of the Eversolo app. I know you have no clue of what I am talking about.
Go fish with you measurements, tube amps don’t have perfect measurements if you believe that, the same as many other dacs. LISTEN, only measurements mean squat if it doesn’t sound good.

Which do you prefer art like a painting or printed, oh yes printed are way mor sharper lines it is perfect… oh wait the painting looks nicer why is that? Because rulers and perferct measured colors does not always mean. It is better

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:37 AM Post #567 of 815
Go fish with you measurements, tube amps don’t have perfect measurements if you believe that, the same as many other dacs. LISTEN, only measurements mean squat if it doesn’t sound good.

Which do you prefer art like a painting or printed, oh yes printed are way mor sharper lines it is perfect… oh wait the painting looks nicer why is that? Because rulers and perferct measured colors does not always mean. It is better

So you don’t believe in measurements. Science is a nonsense, right?

I guess you also assess the power of a car based on your driving impressions and not on horsepower datasheet. And when the doctor says your cholesterol is above 300, you don’t care because you trust on how you feel

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #568 of 815
What is better, an A6+Gustard R26 or an A8?
Nothing can be more transparent than your standalone A6. Almost invisible level SINAD. R2R dacs usually have a low SINAD so it will be too opaque and not obeying your belief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back