Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Dec 29, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #511 of 815
Is it possible to record files on the internal SSD and listen to music streaming at the same time?

Jan 2, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #513 of 815
Festive theme:
Screenshot_20240102-192031_EverSolo Controller.jpg

Jan 5, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #519 of 815
if you use an external DAC, why pay more for a da8?
da6 will be enough.Has anyone connected schiit yggy to da6?
I have a Schiit Yggy LiM hooked up to my DMP-A6. I've got the Master edition so the dac performance might be slightly different. I use both the A6 internal dac and the yggy depending on what I want from my chain. I like the DMP A6 with tubes and the Yggy with my SS amps.
I use USB to connect to the A6 to my Yggy, haven't tried other connections yet.

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #520 of 815
Pretty much everyone who’s demoed them both says the A8 is better than the A6 as a digital source. I don’t know why exactly…maybe all the better components on the board add up?

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #521 of 815
If external DAC will be used, isnt it better to buy a streamer only device? Wonder if eversolo is planning to release the streamer only device. Like A8 level streaming performance with no dac under 500$. Just dreaming :)

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #523 of 815
If external DAC will be used, isnt it better to buy a streamer only device? Wonder if eversolo is planning to release the streamer only device. Like A8 level streaming performance with no dac under 500$. Just dreaming :)
That would sell like hot cakes, one can only hope.

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #524 of 815
That would sell like hot cakes, one can only hope.
Yeah. Hi end sounding streamer with an affordable price tag. Sounds so sweet. I assume that the strength and the selling point of a6 was not at its dac part but at its stremer part. Hope that the company would notice that and make an even bigger success learning from this. Will be a big hit!

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #525 of 815
Pretty much everyone who’s demoed them both says the A8 is better than the A6 as a digital source. I don’t know why exactly…maybe all the better components on the board add up?
It propably is combination femto clocks AND power supplies.

I had that experience too, and I audited all three at the same time. And later borrowed them and listened at home, there the difference was just as huge. And that was only digital, analogue the difference is just as huge.

So I ordered the A8 because of that. I tested with a tt2+mscaler.

So I would have liked a A8 streamer version only, but that does not exist. And honestly don’t think it, it won’t be that much cheaper. Because you’ll propably price wise end up somewhere between a A8 and A6 master or something like that.

Compare the pricelevel between the hifi rose 130 and 150, not much price difference between them, price percentage wise.

A8 is very decently priced, even used as a streamer only, look how much the high end ‘streamer only’ cost from hifi rose. More than 4000.
(De rs250 is digital less than the a8, yes I compared that at the shop as well)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back